New Year, New Books?

Bride

I love a new year and thinking about my reading for the coming year. Someone gave me Devotional Classics & Spiritual Classics a few years ago and that is what I'm leaning towards this year. designed I think for one chapter a week.

I read Jesus Calling throughout much of last year. Not sure I'll continue with it but I do like it. I have been doing something for the past few years where I jot down the Scripture from the Sunday message and try to spend a day or so in that through the week. And on the weekends I tend to go towards whatever passage I know the coming Sunday will be about. Gives me more of a connected feeling to my church community.

I also put together a collection of prayers and poems I've written over the past few years and it's on Amazon as well - Taking Dictation. This was a really fun project on many levels.

Oh and last check, I think about 10 of Beth Moore's books are being offered for free on Amazon and a few other sites - until January 10. So snatch them up - what a great opportunity!

Whoa, Dianne, look at you! Authoress in residence. I didn't know you had published works ... I'm thrilled for you. Just peeked at the book on amazon and will have to put it on my list of must reads. Who knows, perhaps the next time we meet at a SG meet-up you will autograph a copy??

Oh, Carol, I always read the end early; sometimes too early and I have no idea where the people in the last chapter came from. Got that from my mom. I have two Kindles - one for color, one lighter weight one for just reading and they go everywhere with me. Nice to meet a sister in literature.

I had to laugh ...I've done that too,,,,read at the end but did not know who the characters are LOL....

Oh, Carol, I always read the end early; sometimes too early and I have no idea where the people in the last chapter came from. Got that from my mom. I have two Kindles - one for color, one lighter weight one for just reading and they go everywhere with me. Nice to meet a sister in literature.

I had to laugh ...I've done that too,,,,read at the end but did not know who the characters are LOL....

NO!! This is so wrong................how can you read the end...well, before you get to the end?? I have heard of this and it just makes me *gasp*.

Blatant excitement here. I don't know if you all know this, but I'm an author of novels with a lot or a little romance. BE MINE THIS CHRISTMAS NIGHT made it to #1, YES, #1 on the Amazon Holiday list and #2 on the Amazon Romance Holiday List.

So...it will be free, as a New Year gift, Friday and Saturday at Amazon. But if you can't make it, it's only $2.99. My Pen Name is L.A. Sartor.

Happy New Year to us all.

Hugs

L

Just finished your book and LOVED it!! Thanks for letting us know about it.

NO!! This is so wrong................how can you read the end...well, before you get to the end?? I have heard of this and it just makes me *gasp*.

LOL.....But it's soooooo fun! I know, it must be like a sin or something. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't a new book, but I just started re-reading it - A history of English in 100 words. So interesting and a great, readable format - a series of chapters on a source of English vocabulary based on a word. Like, the word bridegroom - where did it come from and how it's an example of making a word that we don't understand (anymore) make sense. I'm explaining this very badly, but it's such an interesting book.

This isn't a new book, but I just started re-reading it - A history of English in 100 words. So interesting and a great, readable format - a series of chapters on a source of English vocabulary based on a word. Like, the word bridegroom - where did it come from and how it's an example of making a word that we don't understand (anymore) make sense. I'm explaining this very badly, but it's such an interesting book.

I LOVE to find out about word origins ... I have not heard of this book ... I will definitely check it out. Thanks for sharing, Aggie!

Our study group just finished The Five Love Languages by Dr Gary Chapman. I had read it before many years ago, but several ladies in my study group had not and it was such a good refresher! If you haven't read it - it gives great insight in understanding relationships and how to relate to others (not just your husband). An easy read that makes total sense ... and the tools you learn do work!

I could never do this. Like peeking at Christmas presents. I'd never do that either. :D

I could never do this. Like peeking at Christmas presents. I'd never do that either. :D

Ditto April! I never did want to peek at Christmas presents. I enjoy the surprise. ;)

Ditto April! I never did want to peek at Christmas presents. I enjoy the surprise. ;)

I have a very low tolerance for suspense. I prefer to enjoy the writing. I also reread many books which might (depending on my memory that day) mean I already know what's happening. Ah, well! To each their own.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a goal this year to "read more watch less". In February I thought I would read biographies since it's a very underdeveloped category for me. I was able to read 6 auto/biographies since the beginning of the year. I put together some scrap pages for a side project I'm doing. I haven't finished the last scrap page yet but I have posted most of them.

MyLifeinFrance_pg1

MyLifeinFrance_pg2

MyStory_pg2

MyStory_pg1

Dr.Seuss

LefttoTell

NothingImpossible

I also just finished another one called "I am Malala" the girl who stood up for education and was shot by the Taliban.

Archived