Jumpstart January 2014

ValerieT

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #21 I found some old brushes I have never ever used!! It was from the e-book how to use brushes. file name is STI brush class brushes. I used brush # 2400 and 2232

I also played with fill pattern and gradient to make the background. I love it!!

TAsk # 22 is done

Task #14 - 3 word title of my layout is Christmas Day Sunset.

Task #15 – The blog tutorial that I would like to try is “Using Gradients in Photoshop...”

Task #16 – I tried the tutorial on a background paper and learned that I can create some interesting effects by tinkering with the opacity, size, and scale of the gradients.

Speedbump #3 - I left a comment on Behind the Scenes: Melissa Renfro's January Club!

Task #17 – I'm using a mountain photo I took on vacation in October. I'm using “sort of” a Lord of the Rings theme.

Task #18 – Added just three embellishments - A ribbon, a ring, and a feather.

ABL_Christmastide_Emb_Ribbon.png

LSH_BoldLove_Emb_Ring.png

ABL_NaturalistsJournal_Emb1_Feather2.png

Speedbump #4 - 5 layouts commented on:

4 Long Island Sound by Boatlady

Joyjoy 2013 Slide002 - A Year in the Life of a Princess by Cantabile21

Thomas Cooks by PhotoChic

4th of July Party by BarbaraC1977

Hummingbird Magic by Devillerouge

Task #20 - Quote for next layout -"For in the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." Khalil Gibran

When I joined this challenge mid month, I really had no expectation of accomplishing much. Considering that I'd never even posted a comment in the forum or a layout to the gallery before, I'm amazed at how much I've learned and how much I actually did. Thank you for all the supporting comments, It's been my pleasure to participate.

Adelle

I want to say a big thank you to all who joined in this month. :thanks: The gallery looks wonderful.

An incredible 16 of you completed all the tasks :worthy:

I've made the draw for the winners, keep your eyes on the blog I'm not sure when they will be posted.

Task # 22

I've gotten so busy at work that I'm working most days, including weekends. But I'm determined to finish JJ this year even if I don't make the deadline! LOL.

Crowing

I'll be back to have a look at all your lovely work soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived