Jumpstart January 2014

ValerieT

No matter what I do (I have done everything April suggests in her tutorial multiple times), I cannot get links to work, so I will keep playing, but my links won't work. Valerie was kind enough to help out the last time, but I sure don't expect you to do that again Valerie. The one thing I hate about being retired is no IT support!! I need to take my computer to Staples for a tune up and more RAM, but then I would be without it for a week while they order the part!! Anyway, the template I picked is A Year In the Life. It looks like a link but you can't click on it. Sorry!

Karen that is NO problem at all - I am posting and watching this thread for the week and I will gladly post any links for you, and happy to help! So sorry it is so frustrating for you, the most important thing is we want you to keep playing! :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PS

Ok maybe Magic Valerie already took care of this, but when I clicked on your link it brought me to the correct page! Seriously, right to the Boutique page for "A Year in the Life". :) I'm hoping that's good news for you but any time, always glad to post a link for you.... Don't think twice!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(And, PS again - obviously I am the Johnny-Come-Lately" to this party because I immediately answered you when I read your comment.... And, now backtracked and see I'm way behind and everyone else already told you your link works. SO YAY Karen! And forget all I said above... Except for me always being glad to help you out... Maybe I should go back to bed now? :D)

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what I do (I have done everything April suggests in her tutorial multiple times), I cannot get links to work, so I will keep playing, but my links won't work. Valerie was kind enough to help out the last time, but I sure don't expect you to do that again Valerie. The one thing I hate about being retired is no IT support!! I need to take my computer to Staples for a tune up and more RAM, but then I would be without it for a week while they order the part!! Anyway, the template I picked is A Year In the Life. It looks like a link but you can't click on it. Sorry!

I was able to click on the link Karen and it went to the right page.

The link worked fine for me too! :)

Ok, now that my links are working, I will admit the stupid thing I was doing that made me think they weren't. I was clicking on the link before I hit post to check to see if it was working. It doesn't work until you have posted your comment! So sorry I wasted your time trying to help me out!! Thanks so much for everyone's suggestions. Now someone hurry up and do something else stupid so I won't feel so bad!!! LOL! Now to go do Task #6 and get that LO started!

Ok, now that my links are working, I will admit the stupid thing I was doing that made me think they weren't. I was clicking on the link before I hit post to check to see if it was working. It doesn't work until you have posted your comment! So sorry I wasted your time trying to help me out!! Thanks so much for everyone's suggestions. Now someone hurry up and do something else stupid so I won't feel so bad!!! LOL! Now to go do Task #6 and get that LO started!

Never a waste of time, Karen and I am two (actually 3) stupids ahead of you.

Yesterday I actually posted the Jan 8th task on Jan 7th -- good thing Laraine was still up in Australia and was able to tell me. I didn't tell everyone else that was my second try and when I was getting it ready, I originally used January 9th! Good thing I caught THAT one myself before I posted it...

Then today I was VERY careful and checked the date AND my calendar 3 times. January 8th, right??? Ok....

That is until Valerie noticed I posted the task and not the requirement. :(

I hope I don't get fired from this job........ Heehee :D

Yesterday I actually posted the Jan 8th task on Jan 7th -- good thing Laraine was still up in Australia and was able to tell me. I didn't tell everyone else that was my second try and when I was getting it ready, I originally used January 9th! Good thing I caught THAT one myself before I posted it...

Then today I was VERY careful and checked the date AND my calendar 3 times. January 8th, right??? Ok....

LOL Marilyn! Goodness, you've been having a time of it. Maybe the cold weather is getting to you? :winter_brr::blinking-in-scarf:

I think we should all take a trip to Florida! :happy-sun:

LOL Marilyn! Goodness, you've been having a time of it. Maybe the cold weather is getting to you? :winter_brr::blinking-in-scarf:

OHhhh... Theresa you are so right and that sounds SOOOooo good! Although, Laraine has a bed waiting for me down in warm, beautiful sunny Australia! :dancing-smilie:

Oooo...great idea, Theresa! We can all go visit Diane! Do you think she'd have enough room for all of us? ;)

OHhhh... Theresa you are so right and that sounds SOOOooo good! Although, Laraine has a bed waiting for me down in warm, beautiful sunny Australia! :dancing-smilie:

Oh, but I'm afraid of flying :plane:

We could drive to Florida :drive1: LOL

Oooo...great idea, Theresa! We can all go visit Diane! Do you think she'd have enough room for all of us? ;)

Yes! I think we should go visit Diane! :)

Task #6
I didn't see a requirement to post anything for this task, but I did add photos to a template of my choice.

UPDATE 1/8/14 5:40pm
Weird. When I originally posted this I did not see a requirement for Task 6. Since I see one now, I am adding to this post.

Subject of photos is Christmas. I have so many left to scrap from the holidays so I'll continue with that theme.

Yes! I think we should go visit Diane! :)

Did I hear my name mentioned? :D C'mon down! You are welcome anytime!

ok, you drive to Florida, I'll fly to Australia! Love those smileys. :D

Just a reminder. Please be sure to state the task # when posting so I am sure to give you credit!

Also, please recheck task #6 and be sure to state the subject of your photos if you haven't already...

See you tomorrow! :)

ok, you drive to Florida, I'll fly to Australia! Love those smileys. :D

I know what I can do - you fly to Australia, I'll drive to Florida with Monica and visit Diane for a few days, then I can take a boat to Australia and meet you there! :sinking:

Sound like a plan?

I'm really new to SG and thought that Jumpstart January would be a perfect way to jump into the deep end.

Task #1 - I organize my photos on my laptop by date, year/month/day and then back them up onto an EHD in the cloud. I'm lucky to have an amazing husband who is all knowing when it comes to technology so he ensures that everything gets backed up off site.

Task #2 - I will be using pictures I took while my husband and I were x-country skiing on our Friday night date night. We had a bit of an adventure and got lost which is going to make for some fun journaling.

I will get started on task 3 tonight when my house is quiet.

My link would not work either. I followed the instructions but it keeps bringing me back to this page. I am going to keep putting them in so that everybody can see that I did do the task. I'm sure Marilyn will be along to help.

Hi Belle, so sorry you are having trouble. Here's what I do.

First go to your template Product page in the Boutique and copy the "htttp" address at the top of your Internet page.

Then, come back to your post and type in "SS Digital Layout Templates: Lots of Shots 3" as you did.

Next, highlight what you just typed, then click the link button above the place where you are typing.

When the box pops up, past the "http" address from the Boutique you just copied into the URL box and then click OK.

You should have the correct link now. It looks like yours still goes the the JJ page, is that the address you copy and pasted?

I hope this helps, but please let me know if that doesn't work.

Until then here's your link! :)

For Belle, Task 5

Lots of Shots 3

Thanks Marilyn, I did copy the http address of the Lots of shots. I don't understand why it won't work. I will try with the other links though. I think it just had a hiccup. Thanks for putting my link in. (I do use Chrome and Windows 8)

Archived