Jumpstart January 2014

ValerieT

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe it's the last weekend of January already! What? Seriously... YUP. I am loving all your LO's in the gallery! Awesome job everyone. I've decided to post the night before this week's tasks, for those who live across the world.

Speedbump Four, January 27th

Sharing layouts is fun but receiving wonderful comments on your layouts is the best feeling. Search the gallery for any five layouts that have less than three comments on them and comment on them. Your comment must appear at number three or lower for it to count.

Requirement: Share a link to the five layouts you commented on in this thread.

Good luck!

On the race to catch up again!

Task # 15

I used Syndee's Gradient tutorial

Task # 16

A handy hint about duplicating supplies, particularly templates before using them

Ctrl Shift N opens a new layer

Double click and find the extra gradient options

Double clicking thumbnail on gradient to re-open the gradient tool

Speedbump # 3

I thought it appropriate to comment on Syndee's tutorial.

Task # 17

I liked Sydnee’s example and decided that this was a good tool for simple landscapes. So I chose a photo of the Sydney Opera House. In the end I used the gradient tools on just about everything in this layout including colouring the embellishments.

Task # 18

DEB_SSEmb_ClassicBeautyFlowers_27

BMU_SSEMB_PaperFlowers_2

BMU_SSEMB_PaperFlowers_3

Task # 19

Sydney Opera House

Speedbump #4

I left love on the following layouts:

No. 3 on Cubism by jode2771

No. 3 on Tornado by jode2771

No. 3 on Saturday Color Challenge by A-M

No. 3 on Meow by Jenna

No. 2 on Salisbury & Stonehenge by April Showers

Task #19

This turned out to be a real challenge (thanks Valerie)! The tutorial I picked is well suited to multiple photos and lots of embellishments with enough interesting edges to fit journaling into. So I ended up breaking my one photo into pieces in order to create unique space for journaling.

Here's the link to my layout: Olympia

Task #12

number of photos is 4

Task #13

Cluster using MRE-EndPoss_Emb_TagBlue.png

MRE_End Poss_emb_TwineBowBL.png

MRE_EndPoss_Stitching_ShortRed1.png

MRE_EndPoss_Emb_FrameRectangle.png (x3)

MRE_EndPoss_Emb_FrameSquare.png

MRE_EndPoss_Emb_PaperCircleWhite.png

MRE_EndPoss_Emb_PaperCircleBlue.png

MRE_EndPoss_Labels_PersimmonRound.png

MRE_EndPoss_EmbPaintLGWhite.png

MRE_EndPoss_EmbPaintLGPersimmon.png

MRE_EndPoss_EmbPaintLGOrange.png

Task #14

My layout, It takes two

You girls rock! And here is the next task. Always a good thing to have on hand, are quotes! Whether you find them online, or said by a family member.

Task 20, January 28th

Quotes can be a fun addition to any layout. Pick a quote to use on your next layout.

Requirement: Share your quote in this thread.

Task #20

I know what's coming up for the rest of the week, so I've decided to re-do one of my old layouts. I was never really happy with it and this will give me a chance to make it better.

The quote on the original layout which I am going to still use is;

Help your brother's boat to cross, and your own will reach the shore. A Hindu Proverb.

Oh, my! I have a whole folder full of quotes, sorted by topic. Picking one, without knowing what the next task(s) will require, is a real challenge. I think I'll select a few, but just wait to choose.

Task #5 - I love this template by Syndee Nuckles - ScrapSimple Paper Templates Falling Snow. (You didn't specify if it should be a layout template or just any template, so I used one for papers.)

Task #6 - New layout started with photos. Subject of photos is Christmas 2013 at my parents' house.

Speedbump #1 – The designer of the template I chose in task #5 was Syndee Nuckles, and I left some love on 3 of her layouts. They were: Capture the Moment , Jordan's Photo Shoot , and Beauty.

Task #7 - Added 3 papers to new layout. One is white with red and green sparkles, another is light green with red and green holly and bows, and the last is stripes in alternating red, white, pink, and green.

Task #8 - Embellishments and word art added to layout. Word art says, “Dear Santa I've Been Good This Year.”

ABR_AltXmas_WA_Santa.png

Archived