Jumpstart January 2014

ValerieT

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 20

It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness - Thomas Jefferson.

Task 21

PWR_BrushSet_SpecialDay_CherishThisMoment.psd; MRE_BrushSet_Misty_ThinnerCorners;

Task #20

My quote is

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step - by Laozi

That's always been a favorite quote of mine, Marie - can't wait to see how you use it. :)

Thanks Theresa. I have several ideas, but the one I really want to do is very close to my heart. Needs further thinking :)

Task #20: I found this quote through a search for winter quotes. It was on the scrapbook.com web site, with no attribution, so I don't know who wrote it.

Each snowflake reminds me of you . . . one of a kind

Task #21: brushes I've used - so far - BMU_Winters Kiss brush set; SNU_DynamicBrush_Snow Dust

My page looks pretty finished to me, so I can't wait to see what I'll need to add. :)

I have a question.....What is EXIF that I see on LO's In the Gallery?????

Hi Carol, when creating a layout in PSE and I'm guessing PS, you can go to File>File Info... and list supplies and other information. As long as you use Save As and not Save for Web, this information will stay in the EXIF properties. When you view a layout, click the "Options" button, then select "View EXIF properties" to see the information that was saved when the layout was created. If there is no View EXIF properties listed under the Options, then the person either did not add the information to the File Info or they did not use Save As when they saved the layout.

BTW, EXIF stands for Exchangeable image file format. I don't know all the technical information, but you can Google it. HTH :)

I have a question.....What is EXIF that I see on LO's In the Gallery?????

Hi Carol, when creating a layout in PSE and I'm guessing PS, you can go to File>File Info... and list supplies and other information. As long as you use Save As and not Save for Web, this information will stay in the EXIF properties. When you view a layout, click the "Options" button, then select "View EXIF properties" to see the information that was saved when the layout was created. If there is no View EXIF properties listed under the Options, then the person either did not add the information to the File Info or they did not use Save As when they saved the layout.

BTW, EXIF stands for Exchangeable image file format. I don't know all the technical information, but you can Google it. HTH :)

Thanks Teecee....Good to know

Task #15 I'm attempting the tutorial for scrapbooking on my ipad, Intro to Adobe Photoshop Touch

Task #16 To begin with, I had to download and learn how to use the dropbox app as well as the Photoshop Touch app. That done, I was pleasantly surprised at being able to use layers although there seems to be a limit of about 5-6 layers, so I had to merge layers more often than I normally would on my desktop. The most difficult part is getting familiar with where the tools are located in the app. I use photoshop CS5 normally so this was relatively easy to learn. I'm having fun with this.

Adelle

Archived