January Monthly Lo Contest! Reflection!

CRS

January 2014
Happy New Year and 2014! The beginning of a new year is often a time of resolutions and reflection. So for our first 2014 Monthly Layout Contest we'd like to highlight REFLECTION in the purely literal and physical sense. By this we mean your layout or photo should contain a reflection, defined by Mirriam Webster as ": an image that is seen in a mirror or on a shiny surface".

Please post your completed layouts in the January Contest Gallery by January 31st before midnight Eastern Time and you could win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique! Be sure to add your product credits to the description area or in the EXIF properties in order to be eligible for the prize. Good luck!

I uploaded my scrap page to the folder today, but how & where can I check if I enclosed the requested EXIF files ? Maybe I'll have to add the credits manually later this week ?

I uploaded my scrap page to the folder today, but how & where can I check if I enclosed the requested EXIF files ? Maybe I'll have to add the credits manually later this week ?

Click the "Options" button to the right of the image and choose "View Exif properties", if that option is available. If it isn't available, then you didn't include anything in the EXIF information when you uploaded the image.

I just checked, and there is nothing there, so apparently you didn't have any EXIF information. I'm not sure what program you are using, but If you included supply info in the "File info" section of Photoshop Elements, and then used "Save for Web", the EXIF properties won't show up. You would want to list your supplies in the description area during the upload process.

If you want to add supplies after you've uploaded, click the "Image Moderation" button located below your image, and choose "Edit Image". Then just list your supplies in the description area. HTH

Lovely layout, by the way :)

I have finally managed to do this. I have so many photos that fir here I might even get another done :)http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/148375-jan-monthly-challenge-reflection/

just a question but how to I give the Lo a name in the link now?

Hi Jane! Here's a tutorial: How to Post Links in the Forum. It's really pretty much the same as it was before the upgrade. HTH ;)

BTW, great layout - LYSL

Once I read the theme for this month I knew what photo I wanted to work with but just needed to set aside the time to create my page which I just did: Reflections

Pretty sure this doesn't belong in the Monthly Layout Contest but since I found this among my Daddy's treasures I thought of it as a reflection of when I was nine. If it needs moving to another category just let me know and I will happily move it! Reflections of a 9 year old me.

Archived