January 2014 Atc Challenge & Swap

teecee

Hello, and Happy New Year to everyone!

Well, I must confess, I didn’t have any ideas ready for this month’s swap until I was reading a post in yesterday’s Bingo game by Barbara (BarbaraC1977), who by the way, is our new MOM for January.

Barbara had mentioned she was getting ready to go get a haircut, and it reminded me that I really, really do need to get my hair cut – it’s on my to-do list lol. Anyway, thinking about getting my hair cut led me to thinking about hats; I don’t know why, because I don’t normally wear hats. Then thinking about hats, I started thinking about other accessories that we love such as shoes, purses, scarves and jewelry. That gave me the idea for this month’s ATC theme – Accessories!

So, you may use any kind of accessories you wish, just create a card with them and make it pretty for everyone to ooooh and aaaah over. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

As always, remember part of the beauty of ATCs is that you don't have to include a photo if you don't have one you would like to use; though you may certainly use photos if you wish to. You can create a card with digital embellishments, brushes, word art, papers, styles/actions or just anything you have in your stash.

You may create as many cards as you would like, just please remember to sign and date each card. Upload them to the Artist Trading Cards - Digital & Hybrid Gallery and email the full resolution copy (750 x 1050 pixels at 300 dpi) to me at: scrapgirl.teecee@gmail.com for the swap. The cards will be due to me by Friday January 31st, and I'll try to post a new challenge on or around Saturday February 1st.

If you need extra help creating your cards, here are some great products made especially for ATCs:
ATC Backgrounds Paper Biggie
ScrapSimple Alpha Templates: Collage ATC
ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: ATC Shadows 12601
ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards
ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards 2
Printable Art and Crafts Sheet: ATC - The Robin
Value Pack: Artist Trading Cards

In addition to the above products, don't forget that with a little bit of re-sizing, many of the Pocket Life products may be used for ATCs.

Special thanks to our MOM for the inspiration! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Sounds like a good theme. Will see how time goes this month for me. Hopefully I will have good internet by the end of next week.

I love the cards already posted and would love to have a go. Is this challenge just digital?

Hi Eden, yes it's just digital. In addition to the information in my opening post, here are some guidelines from an older post:

1. Create your ATC with your interpretation of the month's theme. Your original ATC file should be 3.5 inches x 2.5 inches or 1050 pixels x 750 pixels (can be portrait or landscape orientation) at 300 pixels per inch. Be sure to sign and date your card.

2. Email the full resolution (300 dpi saved at high quality), flattened jpg version to me at scrapgirl.teecee@gmail.com. It would be best to email your full resolution copy to me immediately after you're finished that way you won't have me bugging you down the road with reminders and no one will miss out on your beautiful work!

3. For uploading to the ATC gallery here, save a copy of your ATC at 429 x 600 pixels at 72 dpi jpeg, then upload. Be sure to share the link in the current ATC thread so we can leave you some love.

At the end of the month, I send each participant a complete collection of the month's cards ready for printing. You will receive each individual card as well as the cards arranged on 8.5 x11 sheets ready for printing/cutting as you wish.

We'd love to have you join in the swap this month, and let me know if you have any other questions. ;)

Here is my first ATC of some of my 'old' Christmas Pins. This one is of Santa and I remember that I bought it in either Woolworth's or Kresge five and dime store on Fordham Road in The Bronx. I probably paid about $1 for it.

Santa Pin

I love the cards already posted and would love to have a go. Is this challenge just digital?

Hi Eden, yes it's just digital. In addition to the information in my opening post, here are some guidelines from an older post:1. Create your ATC with your interpretation of the month's theme. Your original ATC file should be 3.5 inches x 2.5 inches or 1050 pixels x 750 pixels (can be portrait or landscape orientation) at 300 pixels per inch. Be sure to sign and date your card.2. Email the full resolution (300 dpi saved at high quality), flattened jpg version to me at scrapgirl.teecee@gmail.com. It would be best to email your full resolution copy to me immediately after you're finished that way you won't have me bugging you down the road with reminders and no one will miss out on your beautiful work!

3. For uploading to the ATC gallery here, save a copy of your ATC at 429 x 600 pixels at 72 dpi jpeg, then upload. Be sure to share the link in the current ATC thread so we can leave you some love.

At the end of the month, I send each participant a complete collection of the month's cards ready for printing. You will receive each individual card as well as the cards arranged on 8.5 x11 sheets ready for printing/cutting as you wish.

We'd love to have you join in the swap this month, and let me know if you have any other questions. ;)

Thanks Theresa. I'll post something soon.

I've sent out the January collections to everyone who took part in the swap. Let me know if you don't receive yours, of if you have any trouble downloading. As usual, they are all BEAUTIFUL! Thanks ladies! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

You can find February's challenge info here: February ATC Challenge & Swap

Archived