• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ande43

Ande43

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

In the High Noon Chat yesterday we were talking about Font Viewers.....I have AMP Font Viewer installed on my Lap Top....I'm sure it was a free download when I got it along time ago.,,,it shows you which fonts are installed and which are not for one thing.

gallery_14855_66_13316.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#2 tiza126

tiza126

SG Shopaholic

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,995 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for sharing!

gallery_14425_66_82034.png

Button_Welcome.png~ SGblinkie.gif ~ BLINKIES_Huckleberry.gif ~ BLINKIES_BoutiqueBabe.gif ~ SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 Nica

Nica

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Creative Team
  • 4,446 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

That's the same one that I use, Carol.  I also like that you can temporarily install the font through AMP Font Viewer.

gallery_18472_66_29544.jpg              gallery_18472_197_9655.jpg           Happy-Holidays-SG-2012.gif

SG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

#4 Kate Davis

Kate Davis

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

I've also used that for several years. However, I recently got a new laptop with Windows 8.1 and when I found I quickly needed to install a new font on it so I could edit a LO I found there is an inbuilt windows font installer (if it was included in XP I never found it).

I like being able to browse the fonts through AMP and keep telling myself I will start grouping my fonts to make it easier... it may happen.

Posted Image
You can get more of me on Twitter or on my main blog.

#5 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,433 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

Windows 7 has that ability as well. Unfortunately, the fonts will still show up when you open Photoshop or Word.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#6 Boatlady

Boatlady

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Personal Statement:A bad day on the boat is still better than a good day at work.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:10 AM

I use "the Font Thing"...free install. I have used it for years and am comfortable with it, but I guess there are several to choose from now.

gallery_24445_66_8905.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gifSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif

#7 sueinva

sueinva

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

I have PSE 12 and just downloaded AMF font viewer.   Says it downloaded 390 fonts, how do I then use a font when doing text.   Also how does it show duplicate , like I'm looking for Brittanic Bold and I know there are several varieties with the same name

Sue

#8 jhbren

jhbren

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

My Mac - earlier versions, too - came with Font Book installed.  It allows the creation of collections of fonts by user defined criteria, so it's easy to find a font with the style you want, and a single font can be included in several collections.  However, I can't open fonts from Font Book; I still have to go to the list to activate the one I want.  When I become a software designer, in my next reincarnation, I'll fix this.  :lol:

gallery_3248_66_75994.png

My gallery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users