Resize It Action Reverse Sizing?

sjrowe

I have the Resize It action but it works for 12x12 size pages to change to other sizes. I have an 8.5x11 page that I want to convert to 8x8. Is there an action for that? I haven't seen one, but if anyone has any suggestions or how-to's, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

I don't think there's an action for this. The problem is that a 12x12 is square and it's being resized to an 8x8 square and so you can keep the page the same (proportional and square, just smaller). Obviously, an 8.5x11 page isn't square, so it wouldn't be in proportion at 8x8. You'd have to cut 2.5 inches off the 11-inch side (making an 8.5x8.5 square) in order to go to 8x8 and keep your page in proportion.

I don't know of an action for resizing, but there has been at least one tutorial, fairly recently. April wrote about resizing using a gradient mask; the article was titled "Create a Thanksgiving Cookbook." And I think there were other tutorials. Try a search, perhaps in the "Learn How" section, under "More" on the green tool bar. Hope this helps!

Hi, sjrowe,

Change the canvas size to a square i.e. if it is currently 8.5x11, change the canvas to 8.5x8.5 and anchor it to the side where you want the least amount "cut off". Do not cut to 8x8 !

Now that it's a square, some things look cut off, but they are still there and you can move them back in a bit, if need be. Save as high res JPG. This JPG can now be printed as a square at any size. Less than 8.5x8.5 and it will be very sharp. Larger than 8.5x8.5 and it will start getting blurry.

Archived