Monday Challenge: January 6, 2014

MariJ

Great challenge Marilyn! I played with lots of filters...and lots and lots!! I don't usually take time to do that, so this was great for me!!

I eventually used Brandy's ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Paint ing Textures 8501 I copied the photo and used a style on each layer. Then I used a brush on a photo mask on the top layer to give a little more texture. Not sure it's quite "impressionist"...but it was fun. :) After I played with the photo, I used it for my Jumpstart January layout.

Midwest Meetup

Great challenge Marilyn! I played with lots of filters...and lots and lots!! I don't usually take time to do that, so this was great for me!!

I eventually used Brandy's ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Paint ing Textures 8501 I copied the photo and used a style on each layer. Then I used a brush on a photo mask on the top layer to give a little more texture. Not sure it's quite "impressionist"...but it was fun. :) After I played with the photo, I used it for my Jumpstart January layout.

Midwest Meetup

I love your layout, Conda but your link brought me to the Jumpstart January Gallery instead! I found it though but here's your link so everyone else can find it. :)

Conda's Layout

• 3 weeks later...

I have been pouring over the pages in this album and I love them. So pretty.

I tried one and got playing so much that I thought I had better stop. I went simple with it because I just wanted to enjoy the art of it.

Here is mine from a picture I took while visiting Denver, CO last summer.

Archived