MariJ

Monday Challenge: January 6, 2014

46 posts in this topic

It helped that the snow forced me to work from home on Monday, so I was able to sneak in some scrapping time :) Otherwise I rarely find the time to work on the challenges.

This was fun, Marilyn. I'm not sure what I did to the photo qualifies as impressionism, but I enjoyed the process. The umbrellas actually do look rain-spattered when seen at full size and 300 dpi; the effect isn't as noticeable in the posted image. Thanks for the challenge!

The Umbrellas of Coca Airport

Great challenge Marilyn! I played with lots of filters...and lots and lots!! I don't usually take time to do that, so this was great for me!!

I eventually used Brandy's ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Paint ing Textures 8501 I copied the photo and used a style on each layer. Then I used a brush on a photo mask on the top layer to give a little more texture. Not sure it's quite "impressionist"...but it was fun. :) After I played with the photo, I used it for my Jumpstart January layout.

Midwest Meetup

Great challenge Marilyn! I played with lots of filters...and lots and lots!! I don't usually take time to do that, so this was great for me!!

I eventually used Brandy's ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Paint ing Textures 8501 I copied the photo and used a style on each layer. Then I used a brush on a photo mask on the top layer to give a little more texture. Not sure it's quite "impressionist"...but it was fun. :) After I played with the photo, I used it for my Jumpstart January layout.

Midwest Meetup

I love your layout, Conda but your link brought me to the Jumpstart January Gallery instead! I found it though but here's your link so everyone else can find it. :)

Conda's Layout

Slowly working my way through this. I have a pretty good impressionist version of a flower...now to figure out what to do with it!

I have been pouring over the pages in this album and I love them. So pretty.

I tried one and got playing so much that I thought I had better stop. I went simple with it because I just wanted to enjoy the art of it.

Here is mine from a picture I took while visiting Denver, CO last summer.