Hello From Another Ohioian

MaryKemock

HELLO....you cannot know how excited I am to have found such a welcoming site! I am looking forward to learning a lot of great things from all of you. In advance, I appreciate your consideration.

I am from Ohio, a librarian, lover of books and traveling, scrapbooking, faith, life and fun. I am married to the most wonderful person in the world, have two beautiful daughters and a daughter-in-law. I am the parent of very exciting kids, doing things people only dream of! I am excited to retire in a few months and spend more time exploring paper and digital crafts among other things!

So....I've only been working with digital for about a year (I've scrap booked for about 15 years) and have slowly gotten to a place where I understand my software. But there are still many things that I need help with and I am so excited to have found this site where all I have read so far is "just ask, we'll help you".

I can't tell you how many attempts I have made to reach out to people for help on other sites and forums and had no response....they really only want to SELL you something. Granted, Once I figure this out I will be NONE TO HAPPY to shop....I just need to get a better handle on it first.

So, thanks in advance for all you do.....I look forward to reaching out to you and hopefully returning the favor in some other way.

:waving-hi: Hi Mary,

Welcome again! (I just answered your private message to me - you must have been posting as I was sending it to you lol.. )

Thanks for introducing yourself - we'll be looking forward to getting to know you.

So glad you found us Mary, for sure this is the kindest place around! I just answered on one of your other threads... Hope you will tell us more of what you need and keep asking!

Welcome to ScrapGirls, we're happy you're here! :)

Welcome to Scrap Girls. It's nice to have a new face on the board. SG is the best and happiest place around. We love nothing better than to help someone new to SG. We all were newbie's at one time, so we all know what and how you feel. I look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery and chatting with you in the chats that we have around here. There is one today, the High Noon Crop Chat. Come on over and chat with us.

Thank you ALL for your wonderful welcomes.

I look forward to "meeting" you all, chatting with you, sharing, swapping, posting layouts, buying and creating with you.

I wrote a post about my "big problem" but I'm not sure what thread it's on. I'm still learning to navigate on here.

CRS: I look forward to downloading free stuff as well as purchasing, but for now, since my big problem is about the downloading, I have to refrain. Which is KILLING me to not get in on all of that. But all in due time.

LORAC: I am interested in live chats....I will check that out. (I am working today, so cannot attend today's.). And thank you for the "newbie" comment, it's been very frustrating trying to find a place where I fit in and I think this is it.

MARIJ, CYNDALS, GINNYW, NICA & VALERIET: nice to meet you as well! And thanks for the warm welcome....I needed that!

LAUREL: it is crazy cold here in Ohio. But I've heard that by weeks end, we will see 45! Crazy! Our schools have been closed since Monday, some have gone back today but some still have bus and building issues. So in a lot of cases that means these kids have been out since before Christmas! The library where I work has had "late starts" everyday due to the cold.

TEECEE: thanks for the message replies, you've been super! I appreciate it.

So.....I won't get anything solved today, but I feel I'm on my way.

Welcome this is a wondeful place to be. I hear what you say about other groups not answering questions...I had that trouble too. There is so much on this site but you will get it ...little by little, it is great fun here. I look forward to seeing your layouts.

Hello to a fellow Buckeye! Welcome to the site. You will love it here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. They answer your questions almost before you can ask them!!!! And the sales here are wonderful, plus the customer service is awesome. (and I am not on the payroll!!) Like several others I lurked for a long time before I posted too, but I have been here for a couple of years now and love it. I think I remember that they are going to have some new learning opportunities this year (Teresa or April will know all about that) and if my memory serves me correctly about who they are partnering with they will great! So again, welcome aboard. Look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're happy you've joined us here. :)

I haven't used the software you are, but I know there are some ladies here that have used it in the past and should be able to help you figure out how to get non-CM products into their software. I realize you're not interested in new software at this point, but you'll find that most of our tutorials are written for Photoshop Elements or Photoshop.

You're not the only one using another software and you will still be able to create beautiful pages.

Welcome, Mary. I don't know about other sites, because this site was recommended to me when I first learned about digital scrapping, and I never went anywhere else. Why would I? This group of people is the most helpful group I have ever been associated with. Ask any question and it will be answered. There are even some night owls and people from other time zones, so if you ask a question at 2 in the am local time it might be asked within a short while.

Karen

Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

So jump right in - the water's fine!

Archived