Thursday Challenge 1-9-14

teecee

Good Morning, and Happy Thursday!

I didn’t make any New Year’s resolutions this year because I think I would rather choose a “word of the year”. This will be the word I will use to think about, reflect upon, and perhaps let it inspire me, throughout the year.

I found this information on a website which I thought gives a fairly good definition of the concept:

“Resolutions are out. Words are in.

The hottest self -improvement trend of the New Year involves simplifying and de-cluttering. It all boils down to this: choosing ONE word. All of your intentions, hopes, dreams, challenges, goals etc., get contained in that One Word.

It’s a bit like a mantra, a way to focus yourself. It seems like all of my friends are taking the One Word challenge this year, and then engraving that word on their jewelry, emblazoning it on sweatshirts, and more.”

Syndee Nuckles has written a great article: What’s Your WORD for 2014?, which includes a link to an informative site where you can get more information as well as a list of words to choose from.

Soooo, for this week’s challenge I would like you to choose a word and complete a layout using your “One Word for 2014”.

You may complete your layout in any size – mine is the size of an ATC (3.5 x 2.5 inches), because it will be small enough for me to easily print several copies. Then I can place them here, there, anywhere and everywhere; around the house, on my desk, on the dashboard of my car, in my wallet, etc.

You may wish to complete an "art journal style" layout with no photos, or you may want to complete a "traditional" layout and include a photo or several photos to depict or enhance your word. The choice is yours – you are the artist!

Please post your layouts in the Thursday Challenge Gallery and I’ll be anxious to see what you can come up with. Have fun!

Special thanks to Syndee for a great article and inspiration!

Here's mine: Believe

A great challenge... hopefully I will return with a page for this one.

So funny that you should choose this theme today - I actually did one, and my word is http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/147788-goals-2014/

SIMPLIFY. I think I'll do a card as well that I can print and put above my computer.

Great page Andrea - I LYSL, and thanks for including it in the Thursday Challenge :)

Here's the link: Simplify

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived