Grandma's Cat Is...

teecee

22 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hi Amy!  How is your Mom doing?   I hope everyone is coming along ok.   💜   I'm sorry I missed you.   @mimes1

Hiding the dog's bone.

@MariJ @Jane in N.Z @ladyscrapalot Thanks for asking about my mom. She's doing OK, not great, in rehab. Currently she can get to a stand unassisted, can pivot with a one person assist, but still can't walk. She's been very tearful. I've been spending many hours a day wih her and it's emotionally exhausting. She cries the whole time.  Today mom's nurse told me that they aren't seeing the tears when I'm not there and that the tears are for my benefit. In the nicest way she said mom would do better without me there as much. It was a breath of fresh air and I'm not offended at all. I feel like I can breath. So I'm home this afternoon, went to Costco for some much needed supplies, and I'm taking the afternoon off from Rehab. My brother will be going over this afternoon so I probably won't even go back today. We'll see.  I've been coming home in the evening too spent to even log on to say Hi to all of you. Thank you for checking in.

Also in real life my kitty cat disappeared last Saturday so that makes me sad too. All of these games have been therapeutic when I can get to them! Hopefully with this new found discovery that I don't need to be with mom all day, I'll find my scrapping time again too. 

• Sad 1

@mimes1 Amy, I feel for you and understand how more than the physical exhaustion - the emotional component really wears you down.  I think of you often in my day and send virtual hugs.  I'm glad you had a Nurse who was sincere and kind enough to help you both through this time.  It's true, sadly sometimes your constant presence is a hindrance more than a help, but we love them so it's what we do.   I'm also glad you are getting a bit of a respite today and with your brother there your Mom will most likely be different for him also also. 

I'm so very sorry about your kitty and it's true how silly little things like these games can be a distraction and a help.  That's what I meant in my layout -- when Jody was sending me those earth photos when I was with my Mom in rehab.

Sending more hugs and hopes for your Mom to get along quickly - so she can come home, which is probably what she wants too.  💜   Thanks for checking in, I was glad to see you here.

4 minutes ago, MariJ said:

🤣

Wallowing in the mud.

(Not really sure that cats wallow?  What IS a wallow anyway??? 🤔)

😆 Not sure either, but I think of pigs wallowing in mud so it must be the act of rolling around various things!