Project Life 2014

tinkerbell11

SG Project Life is a year-long scrapping challenge. The goal is to stay current scrapping the year. There is not a set form, you can take daily photos, scrap weekly layouts, monthly layouts or whatever works for you.

SG Project Life is similar to a Project 52 or 365 which are year long challenges of creating 52 weekly layouts (one for each week of the year) or taking 365 photos (a photo a day) and documenting them. We don't want overwhelm anyone with daunting requirements so we simply give you the challenge to document your year then let you approach this project in a way that meets your individual goals.

Here are some typical formats our members have chosen:

One layout for each week of the year (single or double pages)
A double page layout covering two weeks
One layout (single or double paged) per month
A monthly calendar style layout with or without a companion page.
Scrap the significant events from each month-- some months with more pages than others.
Use "Pocket Life" products to document your year.

You can choose one of these formats or create your own. The way you go about it is really up to you; however, we do have a few requirements if you wish to participate in the "official" SG Project Life for 2014 and be eligible for the associated prizes.

Requirements:
You must post your layouts to the SG Project Life Gallery 2014 in order for them to earn points toward the quarterly drawings
Your photos must be from the current year

In order to receive the participation prize you will need to post 12 layouts (one for each month of 2014) in the gallery.
If you are a hybrid or traditional scrapper, you are welcome to join the challenge too. Simply post photos or scans of your finished pages.

Prizes:

Quarterly Drawing Prize - Digital Layout Template
Winners will be randomly drawn from members who post layouts to the SG Project Life Gallery. Each layout uploaded to this Gallery earns 1 point, a double page earns 2, with a maximum number of points for a month being 4. You may upload more than 4 layouts if you are catching up, but you will only get 4 points for that month.

Each person who completes layouts for the entire year of 2014 (at least one layout for each month of 2014) will receive a participation prize for staying up to date!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought i wouldn't do it this year, but guess what? After sending the 2013 album to print, i couldn't resist doing it again. It's just so much fun to look through the pages as the year goes by, and then again when the year is through. Only this time i won't be so ambitious... max 4 pages a month, and maybe with adhoc event pages slotted in. And i will stick to using Jacqui Smith's wonderful page grids to simplify the process.

Wishing everyone all the best!

i thought i wouldn't do it this year, but guess what? After sending the 2013 album to print, i couldn't resist doing it again. It's just so much fun to look through the pages as the year goes by, and then again when the year is through. Only this time i won't be so ambitious... max 4 pages a month, and maybe with adhoc event pages slotted in. And i will stick to using Jacqui Smith's wonderful page grids to simplify the process.

Wishing everyone all the best!

The books I've already printing keep me working on this project too!

I love your siggy, BTW.

Hehe thanx April!!! Your siggy is so stylish! =)

In fact i was kinda inspired by how you do your Project Life, and how your family loves the albums every year. So i thought, i've already done this for one year, why not continue and turn it into a tradition? Kinda like my kids' birthday albums. But i have to make it less painful to do, and again i thought of you and your simple but effective format. So thanx for the inspiration! =)

I loved doing this in 2013. I had only been scrapbooking a few months when I started, so it was quite a learning experience! I know that 2014 is going to be MAJOR for us, so I'm even more motivated to record it for myself and the family. No, I don't need a contest to do the book, but it sure is a good way for me to keep up -- determined to get those 4 pages each month!

I haven't printed the 2013 book yet because I decided to include our vacation pictures as well, so I have a few more pages to finish, but I can't wait to send it off and get it in my hands.

Hehe thanx April!!! Your siggy is so stylish! =)

In fact i was kinda inspired by how you do your Project Life, and how your family loves the albums every year. So i thought, i've already done this for one year, why not continue and turn it into a tradition? Kinda like my kids' birthday albums. But i have to make it less painful to do, and again i thought of you and your simple but effective format. So thanx for the inspiration! =)

Thank you... and you're welcome. :) I'll do some pages with a little more flair, but I have learned not to worry if a page is just photos and journaling. That is really the part my family loves.

I did this for 2010 then skipped until 2013. I have a love / hate relationship with it. but I am going to give it another go for 2014 here on ScrapGirls.

Hi Jody

Welcome to Scrapgirls... make sure you introduce yourself HERE

FINALLY sent my 2013 book to the printer last night. Now I need to get started on this year..... I'm feeling behind already.

I know how you feel. I sent my 2011 book to be printed at the same time as my 2012 book. I am still plugging away through 2013. I had hoped to finish already, but I am more than half-way done! When you figure that I started working on them in December and did an extra 20+ pages for June, it shouldn't take too much longer.

FINALLY sent my 2013 book to the printer last night. Now I need to get started on this year..... I'm feeling behind already.

I know how you feel. I sent my 2011 book to be printed at the same time as my 2012 book. I am still plugging away through 2013. I had hoped to finish already, but I am more than half-way done! When you figure that I started working on them in December and did an extra 20+ pages for June, it shouldn't take too much longer.

April, I was stuck on September, did it and October and watching your pages come out I thought "April will be done before me!: :)

Archived