Photoshop Question Vs Pse

lori92760

in pse, at the bottom, there is "show open files" and everything you have open shows up there, which is very convenient for me. in photoshop cc, is there a way to make that happen? many times I open lots of things that I may use in a layout and its nice to just see them and drag them up. I have been using pse for years and am trying to learn ps, so I feel a little remedial all over again!

I use photoshop cc in windows 7.

If I understand your question, there is no way to have your open files permanently appear at the bottom of the workspace. However, if you hover your mouse over the photoshop icon on the taskbar (bottom of your screen) all you open files will appear as mini windows. I then just click the one I want to appear at the top of the workspace.

I'm not sure how this would work if you have a lot of open files, I usually only have 3 or 4 open at once. I prefer to use "place" and have all my bits in the one file, then just hide/show/delete as I work.

I don't know about cc, but in CS5 you can tile all the open files. If you look under window, there's a menu called arrange. To the right of that is a funny looking button that says "arrange documents" when you hover over it. That one has even more options.

in pse, at the bottom, there is "show open files" and everything you have open shows up there, which is very convenient for me. in photoshop cc, is there a way to make that happen? many times I open lots of things that I may use in a layout and its nice to just see them and drag them up. I have been using pse for years and am trying to learn ps, so I feel a little remedial all over again!

Great question! I am totally in the same boat, just subscribed to Photoshop CC after using PSE for years. It is so different and there is so much to learn!!!

Thanks for the answer Valerie, I will be checking out the features you mentioned.

I missed that at first when I switched from PSE to Photoshop, but only for a little while. I appreciate the expanded workspace more. Now, everytime I open PSE, the file bin annoys me!

Anyway, I rarely have just an element that I'm going to put into a layout open, I usually drag them directly into my open layout.

I use CS6, not the CC, but you can use a mini bridge in Photoshop. It isn't the same as the PSE one, but it does let you view your files.

yep I am with April, I use mini bridge, it sits at the bottom of my page and I open/collapse as I need it and it is a great help to see what I want/need.

I also use the main Bridge but mini bridge is a wonderful tool too

I purchased this class at half off and then got the photoshop cc at $9.99 per month. I have wanted to step up my game for a while. I fear I will need to take a class on just the basics to fully appreciate this class.

that being said, what the heck is a bridge or a mini bridge---I told you this was gonna be rough!

Lori, there is some terminology to absorb! Bridge is a companion to Photoshop or Elements. I don't use it; I just drag my files into the layout like Elisha. Some folks love it for organizing/finding/using supplies. Maybe one of them will weigh in on how they use, and then we'll both learn something.

I use CS6, not the CC, but you can use a mini bridge in Photoshop. It isn't the same as the PSE one, but it does let you view your files.

So I figured out Mini Bridge, sorta, but now I am noticing that when I open something up in PS my colors are much duller than they should be. I didn't notice until I saw the file in Mini Bridge next to the open file in PS. Is there a way to adjust this in Photo Shop?

Lori, there is some terminology to absorb! Bridge is a companion to Photoshop or Elements. I don't use it; I just drag my files into the layout like Elisha. Some folks love it for organizing/finding/using supplies. Maybe one of them will weigh in on how they use, and then we'll both learn something.

LOL Barbara, I am one of those who LOVE Bridge to organise and find my supplies, couldn't design without it.

I am able to view all my kit/collection/embs/ss/ previews in Bridge which makes it easier to look for what I want. Bridge also has a great search and find function that you can narrow down to what exactly you are looking for, it then shows them all up in one section and you can place them on your page form there, I use that ALL the time when creating layouts.

when I am designing, I use Bridge to show me my progress, how everything looks together as a unit and helps me see if things are working together or not.

You can rename files in Bridge too so that is a bonus for me as well.

as you can see… I am a huge Bridge fan ;)

So I figured out Mini Bridge, sorta, but now I am noticing that when I open something up in PS my colors are much duller than they should be. I didn't notice until I saw the file in Mini Bridge next to the open file in PS. Is there a way to adjust this in Photo Shop?

Hi Melanie this almost sounds like it's the way you are viewing the lighting on your screen. the way my screen is situated in my work space I get that sometimes too, it's just that my mini bridge sits at the bottom of my screen and when looking directly at my screen the centre bit seems brighter than the lower area because I am sitting almost on top of my screen kinda looking down… but then again, this might just be me and my odd ways so there may well be something to this…

• 4 weeks later...

Archived