Brushes Unzipping As .asl Insead Of .abr - New Imac

NanaB99

I was lucky and got a new iMac for Christmas. I tried loading my styles from inside PS5 and they won't load. I went to the original zip files I saved and when I unzip all I get is a gray credit style shape with "exec" in green in the upper left corner and .asl instead of abr. Arghh! (I was running these styles fine on my mac laptop). Any ideas how I can get these to abr without manually typing each one??

Bobbi

I don't think you need to rename the files. Style files are asl; brush files are abr.

Jo is right on this.

Identify whether the product you're having issues with is a brush set or a style set.

You mention you are having trouble with brush sets in the title, but reading the text of your post, I am not sure which files you are referring to.

You can load any tool into Photoshop CS5 by dragging and dropping it into the open workspace. I can also just double click on the style or brush and it will load in Photoshop.

Let us know if you're still having trouble.

I'm not sure where the brushes came into my head! Jeez... sometimes I scare myself! I am talking about the styles and they are all .asl files so that is not the problem. I have to get to work but will play around with this when I get home and let you know what I find. thanks :)

Archived