Thursday Challenge 1-23-14

teecee

:waving-hi: Hello! I hope everyone is very well and happy today!

I've noticed while commenting on layouts or browsing through the gallery, one thing that always seems to catch my eye is texture. I love seeing elements such as crumpled paper, fabric, glass, metal, plastic, stone, or wood on the pages. Our talented product designers here at Scrap Girls have masterfully created many products that allow us to easily add these textures to our pages. Just go to the Boutique and type the word “texture”, “textures”, or “textured” in the search box to see lots of great products that help us to texturize our pages.

I found one definition of the word “texture” which states: The texture of something is the way that it feels when you touch it, for example how smooth or rough it is.

If you were to create a traditional paper scrapbook page and add “textural” elements, you would be able to physically feel the texture of those elements when you touch them. For example, if you create a paper page and add a fabric swatch, when someone looks at that page and touches the swatch, they can feel that it is fabric.

In digital scrapbooking, if you print a page, and touch it, of course you wouldn’t be able to feel the texture. Though you can see it, imagine how it feels to the touch, and see how it adds realism to the flat page. This is your goal and challenge for today; create a layout with texture.

For more information, see this great tutorial by Amy Flanagan: Adding Texture to a Digital Scrapbook Layout

Remember to post your layouts to the Thursday Challenge Gallery and post a link in this thread. I’ll be looking forward to seeing some texture today! :daisy:

Here's my layout

• 3 weeks later...

Archived