Senior Moment

Ande43

Get Out Of The Car!

This is a true account recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota, Florida:

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! GET OUT OF THE CAR!"

The four men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad.

The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee, and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat.

A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake. The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

Moral of the story?

If you're going to have a senior moment...make it memorable!

That is so funny. I can see me doing something like that. It is a standing joke at our house about me and cars. I am always trying to get in the wrong car. As long as it is the same color as mine, I will try to get in. One time I tried to unlock the trunk to put my packages in and there were people sitting in it!

That is so funny. I can see me doing something like that. It is a standing joke at our house about me and cars. I am always trying to get in the wrong car. As long as it is the same color as mine, I will try to get in. One time I tried to unlock the trunk to put my packages in and there were people sitting in it!

OH Gosh.....just spit my coke all over my desk......How funny is that!!!!!

Oh boy! That could have been about me - I can't tell you how many times I've "lost" my car in a parking lot. I normally drive my Jeep Wrangler so I'm always looking for it but lately have been driving our Chrysler and darned if I don't forget I'm using it and I've spent much time looking for my Jeep!

Too funny, Carol!

Oh boy! That could have been about me - I can't tell you how many times I've "lost" my car in a parking lot. I normally drive my Jeep Wrangler so I'm always looking for it but lately have been driving our Chrysler and darned if I don't forget I'm using it and I've spent much time looking for my Jeep!

Too funny, Carol!

Me too.....am always clicking my "Alarm" to "hear" where it is....LOL.....one day I saw a little old man looking all over for his car...he felt so foolish until I told him that everyone I know does the same thing no matter how old they are....showed him the alarm button and there it was.....he was so thrilled to find out about that button LOLLOL....hugged me hugged me again....it was like he had been Liberated LOL

Too funny, Carol!

Me too.....am always clicking my "Alarm" to "hear" where it is....LOL.....one day I saw a little old man looking all over for his car...he felt so foolish until I told him that everyone I know does the same thing no matter how old they are....showed him the alarm button and there it was.....he was so thrilled to find out about that button LOLLOL....hugged me hugged me again....it was like he had been Liberated LOL

Before my Dad died, he fell in the garage one night and even though he was 98 years old, and was not driving any longer, he still had his car keys in his pocket and knew his only hope was to set off his car alarm to get help since it was after midnight and I was asleep. (He did not have his cell phone in his pocket) and that alarm kept going off and going off and I heard it, but thought it was a neighbor and fortunately my Dad dragged himself inside and got to the house phone and our Chris heard the phone and went down and got him back up and into bed. But I thought afterwards how very smart he was to try the car alarm to alert me. Just wish I had paid attention!

• 3 weeks later...

So easy to make a mistake like that... My older sister got into some guys car, with him in the drivers seat... Then she realized her mistake when he asked her who she is and why in his car. She was awfully embarrassed.

Archived