Type On A Path, Pse 11

AnnBK

I've hit a brick wall. I'm hoping there's a way to do this, but I can't figure it out. I want to type "COWGIRLS" following the bottom arc of the circle, but I need it to read from left to right. Anyone know how to do this? I tried typing plain text and shaping it in an arc, but it got very distorted. Thanks for any help!!

post-6597-0-27316900-1390775829_thumb.png

I've hit a brick wall. I'm hoping there's a way to do this, but I can't figure it out. I want to type "COWGIRLS" following the bottom arc of the circle, but I need it to read from left to right. Anyone know how to do this? I tried typing plain text and shaping it in an arc, but it got very distorted. Thanks for any help!!

Hi Ann, did you see the newsletter article here: Tap the Power of the Type Tool. The tools are in PSE 11, I just haven't played with them very much myself. I think I also have another article for PSE 11 someplace, I'll see if I can find it. HTH

Here's the other tutorial I was thinking of: Photoshop Elements/Add Text

I already reviewed both those tutorials and nothing in them helps. The problem with typing on the path is that it goes from right to left. I tried using two different shapes, tried typing COWGIRLS backwards and nothing worked. I even checked in preferences to see if I could chose to type from left to right. I ended up typing one letter at a time and set them in place individually. They aren't 100% perfect, but I think it will do. If anyone else has an idea, I'd like to know if this can be done. Ah, technology!! Gotta love it!

Thanks everyone!

Here's a screenshot of the result I was going for.

post-6597-0-15858800-1390778178_thumb.png

I already reviewed both those tutorials and nothing in them helps. The problem with typing on the path is that it goes from right to left. I tried using two different shapes, tried typing COWGIRLS backwards and nothing worked. I even checked in preferences to see if I could chose to type from left to right. I ended up typing one letter at a time and set them in place individually. They aren't 100% perfect, but I think it will do. If anyone else has an idea, I'd like to know if this can be done. Ah, technology!! Gotta love it!

Thanks everyone!

Here's a screenshot of the result I was going for.

I think this looks great the way it is :)

Thanks, Theresa...I need to use a different font and I'm not sure the colors are right. I tried Amanda's suggestion to type on a second path and flip horizontally. That actually worked, except it put the text inside the path instead of out....but that's fairly easy to fix. Thanks again, everyone, I think I have it down because of your help. :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

It seems that you've figured it out, Ann. But just for fun, I tried using the warp text tool in PSE10, with the Rosewood font I think you used. I picked the arc setting, horizontal distortion, and moved the slider to -50. The text didn't distort, but I didn't try sizing it for a particular circle. But its an easy approach.

Archived