Using Texture Jpg's

Peggy S

I just bought JRA_SSPaper_Embossy Boots_Natures Bounty. I was surprised they were .jpg's rather than .psd files that you use in the texturizer. I couldn't get them to work right for me. I used different blend modes, but it still didn't look like what I have had with other texturizer files. I must not be doing them right. I even tried to save one as a .psd to use the texturizer filter and it worked but didn't have the nice bevel I was expecting. Can you post directions for using these please? I love the effects in the layouts. Oh, I have Elements 11.

Hmm, I was trying to do it on a paper with gradients and some texture already on it. I tried it on a simply colored paper and it looked right that time with Overlay mode. I guess I need to choose my paper carefully to get the texture to show up well.

I'm having a nice conversation with myself, but thought I would share what I am learning as I go since I started this thinking it wasn't working. I found out that when using a slightly textured paper, if I duplicate the Embossy Boots layer, it gives a deeper embossing effect that shows up better. I can then adjust with opacity. These are very fun to work with now. I'm getting some really rich effects on deeper tones, and subtle texture on lighter papers.

I'm having a nice conversation with myself, but thought I would share what I am learning as I go since I started this thinking it wasn't working. I found out that when using a slightly textured paper, if I duplicate the Embossy Boots layer, it gives a deeper embossing effect that shows up better. I can then adjust with opacity. These are very fun to work with now. I'm getting some really rich effects on deeper tones, and subtle texture on lighter papers.

LOL Peggy! Thanks for sharing what you are learning. It is sooo much fun to play isn't it? I love playing with blending modes. I like to play with hue/saturation too. Have fun! :)

Peggy, I remember having done the same thing... come here for help and end up working it out myself.

But I do want to thank you for drawing my attention to those papers as they are now on my wish list.

It was mid afternooon for me and we were stupidly moving furniture in 42C heat :-(. I know what you mean though, sometimes as soon as I give up and ask for help I figure out what I did wrong! Once I wrote to a designer about the .psd files not working etc and it turned out they WERE the samples .jpeg files! So asking is never pointless, and always worth it!

Archived