SodScrap

Saturday Color Challenge 2/1/2014

22 posts in this topic

Happy February AND Happy Chinese New Year!!

Since today is the Chinese New Year, I would like you to use RED on your layouts! Red is the traditional color of the holiday because it symbolizes luck and prosperity.

The Chinese New Year, or Lunar New Year, begins with the first new moon of the year and ends with the full moon fifteen days later. It is the most important holiday in China and millions of people travel home to be with their families. The Chinese New Year is full of dragon dances, fireworks, feasts, gift-giving, and lantern festivals. Red is the traditional color of the holiday because it symbolizes luck and prosperity. Many families will paint their doors a bright scarlet to bring good fortune in the year to come. According to tradition, each year of the Chinese calendar is associated with one of the twelve zodiac signs: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, or pig.

Please load your layout in the Saturday Color Challenge Gallery and post a link back in this thread.

Great color challenge and I love your layout, Conda!

The new SG Club has lots of red!

You are right Melanie-the club would be perfect for this challenge!

Good challenge! I wonder how you got that idea?? ;)

I cannot reveal my sources....

I had a very animated subject to photograph ... an Unexpected Visitor at the bird feeder this morning.

Now I could never pass up doing a page featuring my favourite colour. You will find it HERE

Here is my layout for the Saturday Color Challenge. And since it is the Chinese New Year, I decided that is what I would center my layout around.

Chinese New Year