Desperate In Georgia - Warner Robins, Perry

sirsambo454

Hi Leslie,

Karen (ScrapGram), has given you some good advice. The how-to videos are the BEST way to learn. The newest class program is available in the Boutique: Learn Digital Scrapbooking Using Photoshop Elements. It includes everything needed to learn all about digital scrapbooking with Photoshop Elements, and includes 61 videos, step-by-step written manuals, two digital scrapbooking kits, templates, graphics, and other goodies. Some actions, styles, and brushes are also included.

The classes were created with PSE 12, but also apply to PSE 11 and earlier. I have PSE 11 and the videos were very easy to follow. There are not a lot of differences between PSE 11 and PSE 12. Also, as Karen mentioned, we have a lot of great sales. If you are seriously interested in learning PSE, the class is well worth the cost. HTH :)

Do you have the layers palette on the screen now?

If you do, you should be able to see a row for each of the layers/papers you have open in your layout.

To blend a layer, click on it in the layers palette. Then at the top of the layers palette you should have a drop down menu that currently says 'normal' and next to it a slider menu called 'opacity'. If you click on the drop down menu, you can chose which type of blending mode you would like your layer to have, and by changing the opacity slider you can alter how much of the underlying layers you can see 'through' your current layer.

To add journaling you need to create a new layer, then click on the Text tool and start typing. Once you have the text, you can then change the font, colour, size etc. in the dialogue box.

To add your photos, open the photos you want to use, then drag them onto your layout. Each photo will then be on a separate layer. You can then use the transform tool to change the size and rotation of them. If you click on the move tool, you'll be able to drag them round the page to the position you want.

If you want to add embellishments and alphas, you do exactly the same thing as for the photos.

Hope that helps - I work with PS but my understanding is that PSE is very similar. I'm off to bed now, but I'm sure someone else will be around soon if you're still stuck. Good luck!

This site is amazing for the number of helpful people. I can see now why it was rated #1 when I did my research on where to start digital scrapbooking. I've downloaded the digital scrapbooking tutorial and will get into that, but in the meantime, Angie is doing an amazing job helping me. I can't believe how great everyone is. Thank you all so much. I'm sure I will be asking lots more questions, but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for being so kind and patient with me.

We're glad to help. I applaud your ambitious goals. May I suggest one thing, though? Do a "simple" version of the page with the pictures and journaling, without too much blending or too many tricks. SAVE it with a new name, 2014_02_FirstPass. This way, you're sure to have something for the yearbook, and can keep learning fast.

Then continue working on new techniques with the original layout. Consider saving "...SecondPass", etc., whenever you get tosomething you like. This takes the pressure off, and you can have fun. You can roll back to an intermediate version if you feel like things are off-track.

I can't wait to see what you do for this project.

Yeap...we got her all taken care of. Since the turn around time was very quick, like yesterday (well not really...but before the end of the week) I took Leslie's idea, along with the product she purchased for it and photo and put a couple of versions together for her so she can choose from.

Now when she gets a little more time, and not working against a clock, she'll be able to sit down and watch the training video's so she can work on some projects on her own using all the great things she's purchased.

We're glad to help. I applaud your ambitious goals. May I suggest one thing, though? Do a "simple" version of the page with the pictures and journaling, without too much blending or too many tricks. SAVE it with a new name, 2014_02_FirstPass. This way, you're sure to have something for the yearbook, and can keep learning fast.

Then continue working on new techniques with the original layout. Consider saving "...SecondPass", etc., whenever you get tosomething you like. This takes the pressure off, and you can have fun. You can roll back to an intermediate version if you feel like things are off-track.

I can't wait to see what you do for this project.

Great idea, Barbara! :)

I'll be looking forward to seeing the final page(s) also.

Yeap...we got her all taken care of. Since the turn around time was very quick, like yesterday (well not really...but before the end of the week) I took Leslie's idea, along with the product she purchased for it and photo and put a couple of versions together for her so she can choose from.

Now when she gets a little more time, and not working against a clock, she'll be able to sit down and watch the training video's so she can work on some projects on her own using all the great things she's purchased.

YAY - Angie to the rescue! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

This site is amazing for the number of helpful people. I can see now why it was rated #1 when I did my research on where to start digital scrapbooking. I've downloaded the digital scrapbooking tutorial and will get into that, but in the meantime, Angie is doing an amazing job helping me. I can't believe how great everyone is. Thank you all so much. I'm sure I will be asking lots more questions, but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for being so kind and patient with me.

Hi Leslie, We've all been in your shoes and yes, this is the kindest and most helpful place around!

I'm so glad this all worked out for you and hope to see you around.

Leslie, I'm so glad you found us here at Scrap Girls! Even before I was on the team I thought this was the greatest place on earth (to heck with the circus, hahahaha) :)

Angie and everyone have been great at helping you out - I just hope you've gotten "the bug" and will come back and play some more with your scrapbooking and ask us more great questions now that your deadline is past.

Talk about service... how awesome! Angie to the rescue! :plane:

Archived