Art Journaling Chat & Challenge 7Am Et Monday Feb 3Rd

MariJ

It's February and time for our first 2014 Art Journaling Chat and Challenge!

Are you interested in learning digital Art Journaling and wondering what the fuss is all about? Excited about the layouts you've already created and anxious to make more? Join Marilyn (MariJ) and Jody (Jode2771) in the chat room on Monday, February 3rd at 7 AM ET for an Art Journaling Chat and Challenge. During the chat we will discuss and review the basics of Art Journaling, provide a prompt for starting your page and Jode is available for layout tips and questions. Jode and I will post our layouts right before the chat and update this thread afterwards with the Art Journaling prompt and any tips or points we discussed.

Come join the fun and talk about ideas in our first chat of 2014! Sure hope to see you there. :)

PLEASE NOTE: We are conscious that ScrapGirls live in all parts of the globe, so our aim is to alternate months and times. So while this is an early morning ET chat, (therefore evening for many members) next month we will schedule an evening ET Chat in order to make it easier for others.

Here is my layout "NEW"

and here is Jode's Page

UPDATE:

During the chat, we discussed "basics" of Art Journaling and how it is like keeping a written journal except it's made of art not words. Art Journaling pages are usually photoless and use symbols along with words or phrases to express your thoughts. For example, you can use a cartoon little girl to represent yourself or a heart to show love or maybe even a vivid, busy background to show excitement!

For this month's challenge we are focusing on journaling as expression and part of your page design. We talked about starting to type and to keep typing whatever comes into your mind and how you can "hide" your words if they are too personal. You can also use words or word art along with the symbols you choose or type the same word over and over on your page - be creative in your journaling and try to make it part of your art!

This month's layout prompt is:

"NEW"

Think of the word 'new'. What does it evoke in you? Do you have something new going on in your life right now or have something that is brand NEW? What does 'new' mean in YOU? How do you feel about 'newness'?"

Journal your thoughts on "New", place them on your background and add symbols and words. When you are finished, please post your layout in the Art Journaling Chat and Challenge Gallery

for all of us to share. We can't wait to see what you create. Have fun! :)

I would love to join you but it will be 11pm here and the last two nights I have not slept well so I may struggle to stay up for this chat... but you never know... I may make it.

I know what you mean AM, daylight savings and your move from Queensland have all changed your times around! Hope to see you unless you are having a wonderful peaceful sleep... And Theresa, we would love to see you AJ with us!!! 7 hours to go... :-)

Sorry, to say, I am heading to bed. I have had a fairly busy day as I helped with an outing for the residents at the Aged Care where I do voluntary work one day a week. Hope you all enjoy your chat.

So sorry I was late to the chat! It's my husband's day off, and I think he turned the alarm clock off instead of hitting snooze. :( Still, I learned some things. Thanks so much for explaining to me, Marilyn and Jody! I'll see what I can come up with.

It was a fun chat and thanks to all! So sorry Jane and Anne Marie - we missed you but you sure need sleep at that late hour... (Or, early!)

I have updated this thread with this months' prompt. Please feel free to PM Jode or I with any questions or leave them here on the thread.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with! :)

Great chat and prompt. I've already got some journaling done. Just waiting to add it to my page. I'm still getting distracted by the beautiful snow falling outside my window. Daisy is sitting on the window sill watching the snow fall too.

Gosh, I was actually awake at this time because my sweetie has a cold and was snoring... I was too annoyed that I couldn't get back to sleep to remember that I could have been doing something fun.

Awwww... Too bad, April - we had a great time and learned lots of new things! Would have been great to have you there.....

I was up and going at 7 but taking my boys to school and not around for the chat. Sorry I missed it this time. Here's my page Long for Something New My family has been sick with the flu seems the whole month of January - in the house resting and having tea and soup. I long for something new this month and year!

Great chat last night girls. Sorry I didn't stick around but I was really tired. I slept like a log & the alarm woke me at 6:00. I will try to get to this today but I am visiting with some scrappy ladies today. Thanks again Jody & Marilyn. The gallery is looking fabulous.

Thanks again Marilyn for the thought-provoking challenge, and to both Marilyn and Jody for hosting the chat. I can't believe how many people were there - I found it quite hard to keep up some of the time!

Now don't go into shock - I have actually finished my layout on the day it was posted - woohoo!!!

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/148742-aj-chat-14-02-03/

And just as a point of interest - someone asked during the chat how many layers an AJ layout might have - I counted this one and it had 63!

I'm sorry I ikssed it too. I've been doing a project at work, that has some very tight timeframes so every waking moment for the alst fortnight has being spent on that. Very pleased that phase one ended on Friday. .I'm having a think about this - before I go and see what everyone else has been doing. Who knows I might come up with something.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived