Font Editors

vatech90

I'm new so I hope I'm not asking a question that's been answered to death. But.....

I've been wanting to make a page for Valentine's day for my boyfriend with a quote he had inscribed on a memory box for me for our first Christmas together. I'd like to use the big "swooping" fonts I see on Pinterest and Silhouette phrases; however, there's not really a font for those, you have to use a font editor to make the individual letters you want to be "swoopy". I have Photoshop and a font editor (Type Light), but I haven't used the font editor that much. Has anyone used a font editor? It seems like it's taking me forever to do one letter! I work with Autocad all day long and this program is kicking my butt! lol

Hi Mandy,

Sorry, I've never used a font editor, so I can't help you. Hopefully someone else will come along with some information for you. :)

Aggie's suggestion is probably the easiest. I've never used a font editor, so I can't help with that. But I have searched online - and in the boutique - for fonts. In most of the sites that offer free fonts, you can pick a category, such as "script" or "fancy", and then scroll through the available fonts. I've found some large, swirly/swooping choices that way. Good luck!

Thanks everyone. Sorry I've been AWOL...I'm battling a kidney stone :ew:and I've been in so much pain I haven't even thought about the computer.

I've searched just about every font site out there. Some come close, but none are really what I want. I guess I'll just have to teach myself font editing. :hit-head-with-hammer:

The font I'm looking for is like the one they use in this example: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/192177109073750961/

Thanks everyone. Sorry I've been AWOL...I'm battling a kidney stone :ew:and I've been in so much pain I haven't even thought about the computer.

I've searched just about every font site out there. Some come close, but none are really what I want. I guess I'll just have to teach myself font editing. :hit-head-with-hammer:

The font I'm looking for is like the one they use in this example: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/192177109073750961/

Barbara posted a link that might be helpful to you here: Post #4

I spent a little time hunting. Because of all the swashes, it was hard to get a good read on WhatTheFont.com even after I removed the block letters.

It might be comprised of lower case letters and swashes from a font like: Style Script. It's EXPENSIVE! This is not the right font, but is close. Given that the quote is done by an artist who sell these designs quotes for a living, she probably played with the fonts and swashes, and you'll have a hard time tracking it down. It also looks hard to replicate for yourself.

I'd buy word art here at Scrap Girls, which is very affordable, to get your quote done for Valentine's Day.

Archived