Saving Tutorials On Computer

nina050

I know this has probably been covered before but I'm new to the forum. Recently you have had several tutorials that I want to save and refer back to while doing my digital scrapbooking. Is there a way to save just the tutorial to a folder on my computer without having to save the entire newsletter ? I have a fairly new computer and use Windows 8. Thanks for any help.

I know this has probably been covered before but I'm new to the forum. Recently you have had several tutorials that I want to save and refer back to while doing my digital scrapbooking. Is there a way to save just the tutorial to a folder on my computer without having to save the entire newsletter ? I have a fairly new computer and use Windows 8. Thanks for any help.

Hello, and welcome to Scrap Girls!

Different people use different methods of saving tutorials. Some people copy the tutorial and save it to a Word document and keep in it in a folder on their desktop. Some use programs such as OneNote or Evernote to copy the tutorials to. These are just the first things I thought of when I read your question. Maybe some others will be along soon with other suggestions for you.

Hope this is helpful. :)

Hi Nina and welcome to ScrapGirls!

I do what Theresa mentioned first. I am working on a Mac, but it doesn't really matter. I copy the tutorial, then paste it into a document. I save them in a folder to refer to.

The only trick is remembering that I saved it! :D

Welcome!!

I'm with Theresa. I use Evernote (free program) to save tutorials form the blog and newsletter. I just copy the context (including pictures) and paste it into a note (there terminology for "page in a notebook"). It saves the url and you can name the note "tutorial on xxx". Then later when you want to find it you just type "xxx" and it will bring up all notes with that name! It's search feature is awesome! Evernote can also sync with all your devices. (tablets, celll phones, desktops, laptops....)

Welcome to Scrap Girls.

I've just started using Evernote to save tutorials and other bits in. I have found it very simple to use and much easier to search than my emails.

I use Word...old fashioned I guess...I keep them in a file marked tutorials. Easy

I have done that too, and even opened one or two of them. :D

You can find the newsletter tutorials by searching on the SG Blog too.

Me too, old fashioned.. And besides rarely ever opening them again, I also can't always remember I even have them to go looking for! :D

Okay, you've convinced me to try Evernote. I lost everything I had on my post-it note program when my computer crashed, so I'm looking for something that backs up online.

Hi Nina - Welcome to Scrap Girls. Just so you know, we move all our newsletter tutorials over to our blog a few weeks after they first run in the newsletter. So if you are ever in doubt or can't find the tutorial you saved on your own you can use the search bar on the blog to find things.

Hi Nina - Welcome to Scrap Girls. Just so you know, we move all our newsletter tutorials over to our blog a few weeks after they first run in the newsletter. So if you are ever in doubt or can't find the tutorial you saved on your own you can use the search bar on the blog to find things.

That is so awesome Debbie!! I was unaware of this!!! :) You learn something new every day!

Archived