• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 A-M

A-M

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts
  • Personal Statement:I don't need to understand, I just need to hold His hand.
    - Emolyn C. Lambert

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

I thought it was time I made myself a new signature as the one I had been using was one from years ago that I purchased somehow - I did not create it.

Now... I had three attempts to upload - twice got the message it was too large.  Finally did have success but I notice others have signatures larger than the one I ended up having success with.

What is the way to be able to have them larger?

Thank you to anyone who can help me. 

2014_springavatar-1_zpsae1b4821.png

ScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF_zps0dd004c0.gi BLINKIES_aussies.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#2 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,434 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

Hi Anne-Marie,

Signatures may not be any larger than 225 x 225 pixels. This tutorial has more information and may help: How to Create a Custom Signature.

#3 A-M

A-M

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
  • Personal Statement:I don't need to understand, I just need to hold His hand.
    - Emolyn C. Lambert

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

Thanks Theresa

I was making mine PNG files but not reducing the resolution to 72.

So now I know why they were too large.

2014_springavatar-1_zpsae1b4821.png

ScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF_zps0dd004c0.gi BLINKIES_aussies.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#4 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,434 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Thanks Theresa

I was making mine PNG files but not reducing the resolution to 72.

So now I know why they were too large.

Glad you got it figured out, Anne-Marie :)

#5 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Woo Hoo Anne Marie.  Glad that you got it all taken care of.  Love your new signature.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_membmonth.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for July 2014, 7133 -- 7119 (1231) as of 7-22-14

#6 Sensiwoman

Sensiwoman

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Personal Statement:Being creative is the best way for me to experience flow moments !!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

I was asking myself the same questions about the size of my signature Anne-Marie & I also wondered why mine was so much smaller than the other ones I've seen on this forum...so I've followed the tutorial written by April and I hope it will look a little better now ;-) - yours looks great too by the way !!

I also forgot to reduce it to 72 pixels/inch before saving it ;-)

#7 Sensiwoman

Sensiwoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Personal Statement:Being creative is the best way for me to experience flow moments !!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

hmmm...I'm not quite sure it looks better or bigger in the end though ...;-)

#8 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,434 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hi Connie,

When you created your signature did you start with a 4 x 4 inch background at 300 dpi?

After you're finished adding all of the elements you want, you may want to crop so the elements fill the space, as mentioned in step 4 of Valerie's tutorial: How to Create a Custom Signature. HTH :)

#9 SodScrap

SodScrap

SGU Teacher's Pet

• Welcoming Committee
  • 14,509 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hi Connie,

When you created your signature did you start with a 4 x 4 inch background at 300 dpi?

After you're finished adding all of the elements you want, you may want to crop so the elements fill the space, as mentioned in step 4 of Valerie's tutorial: How to Create a Custom Signature. HTH :)

Great information Theresa!  I always have to refer back to the tutorials to be sure I get them right...

gallery_12013_66_17251.gif

ShredButton.pngSG_Olympian.pngButton_Welcome.png
SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gif

#10 Sensiwoman

Sensiwoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hi Connie,

Since my signature is a rectangle, I started with a 4 x 2 inch background at 300 dpi, then cropped the image to delete the blanks of the image, changed it to 72 pixels/inch and to 225 pixels (the width), and finally saved it as a png ...but it's still very small -> image size about 140 kb ...I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, but I'll leave it as small as it is for now ...and maybe try another one later ;-) - thanks for trying to help me out !!

#11 Eden

Eden

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

LOL! You just want to get on with the real scrapping don't you? I'm sure that the only reason I've got a signature is because every so often a challenge comes along that asks us to create a new one. Without that I'd be siggie less!

gallery_20822_297_39681.png

#12 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,866 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

I was asking myself the same questions about the size of my signature Anne-Marie & I also wondered why mine was so much smaller than the other ones I've seen on this forum...so I've followed the tutorial written by April and I hope it will look a little better now ;-) - yours looks great too by the way !!

I didn't actually write that tutorial. It was written by Valerie Tuffrey; I just posted it. 

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#13 elibar

elibar

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it!

• Design Team
  • 12,005 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love your God. Learn His ways. Live for others.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

I create my signatures on a 12x12 300 dpi canvas.  That way I'm not having to resize my elements.  When I'm finished, I trim the empty pixels (image>trim).  Then I save it as a png to preserve my shadows and styles.  I open the png file in photoshop.  I determine which is larger - the horizontal or the vertical.  If it's wider than it is tall, for example, I resize the width to 225, constraining the ratio (that's the default, anyway).  Using this method, I've never had to reduce the dpi to 72.

gallery_11196_66_57667.png
siggie credits
Elisha Barnett
my latest products (click to view):

EBA_Collection_DaffodilDays_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_PaperMini_FreshPaint_MKTG_150.jpg  EBA_CollectionBiggie_Afresh_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_BrushSet_PapercutLadies2_MKTG_150.jp

BLINKIES_Prayer.gifDesigner-sm-1.pngelephantsflyblinkie.gif

#14 Sensiwoman

Sensiwoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

I didn't actually write that tutorial. It was written by Valerie Tuffrey; I just posted it. 

You are right, I noticed too late that there was a little text below the tutorial, so I'm sorry for having credited the wrong person !! Thanks April & Valerie for writing and sharing how to proceed with the siggies !

#15 Sensiwoman

Sensiwoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

LOL! You just want to get on with the real scrapping don't you? I'm sure that the only reason I've got a signature is because every so often a challenge comes along that asks us to create a new one. Without that I'd be siggie less!

You are so right Eden, the "real" scrapping is way more important than making or having a siggie ! To be honest, I don't really need one either, but on the other hand, I've seen so many cute ones in the gallery, that I wanted to make one of my own too ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users