Signature Sizes For The Forum

A-M

I thought it was time I made myself a new signature as the one I had been using was one from years ago that I purchased somehow - I did not create it.

Now... I had three attempts to upload - twice got the message it was too large. Finally did have success but I notice others have signatures larger than the one I ended up having success with.

What is the way to be able to have them larger?

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

Thanks Theresa

I was making mine PNG files but not reducing the resolution to 72.

So now I know why they were too large.

Thanks Theresa

I was making mine PNG files but not reducing the resolution to 72.

So now I know why they were too large.

Glad you got it figured out, Anne-Marie :)

I was asking myself the same questions about the size of my signature Anne-Marie & I also wondered why mine was so much smaller than the other ones I've seen on this forum...so I've followed the tutorial written by April and I hope it will look a little better now ;-) - yours looks great too by the way !!

I also forgot to reduce it to 72 pixels/inch before saving it ;-)

hmmm...I'm not quite sure it looks better or bigger in the end though ...;-)

Hi Connie,

When you created your signature did you start with a 4 x 4 inch background at 300 dpi?

After you're finished adding all of the elements you want, you may want to crop so the elements fill the space, as mentioned in step 4 of Valerie's tutorial: How to Create a Custom Signature. HTH :)

Hi Connie,

When you created your signature did you start with a 4 x 4 inch background at 300 dpi?

After you're finished adding all of the elements you want, you may want to crop so the elements fill the space, as mentioned in step 4 of Valerie's tutorial: How to Create a Custom Signature. HTH :)

Great information Theresa! I always have to refer back to the tutorials to be sure I get them right...

Hi Connie,

Since my signature is a rectangle, I started with a 4 x 2 inch background at 300 dpi, then cropped the image to delete the blanks of the image, changed it to 72 pixels/inch and to 225 pixels (the width), and finally saved it as a png ...but it's still very small -> image size about 140 kb ...I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, but I'll leave it as small as it is for now ...and maybe try another one later ;-) - thanks for trying to help me out !!

LOL! You just want to get on with the real scrapping don't you? I'm sure that the only reason I've got a signature is because every so often a challenge comes along that asks us to create a new one. Without that I'd be siggie less!

I was asking myself the same questions about the size of my signature Anne-Marie & I also wondered why mine was so much smaller than the other ones I've seen on this forum...so I've followed the tutorial written by April and I hope it will look a little better now ;-) - yours looks great too by the way !!

I didn't actually write that tutorial. It was written by Valerie Tuffrey; I just posted it.

I create my signatures on a 12x12 300 dpi canvas. That way I'm not having to resize my elements. When I'm finished, I trim the empty pixels (image>trim). Then I save it as a png to preserve my shadows and styles. I open the png file in photoshop. I determine which is larger - the horizontal or the vertical. If it's wider than it is tall, for example, I resize the width to 225, constraining the ratio (that's the default, anyway). Using this method, I've never had to reduce the dpi to 72.

I didn't actually write that tutorial. It was written by Valerie Tuffrey; I just posted it.

You are right, I noticed too late that there was a little text below the tutorial, so I'm sorry for having credited the wrong person !! Thanks April & Valerie for writing and sharing how to proceed with the siggies !

LOL! You just want to get on with the real scrapping don't you? I'm sure that the only reason I've got a signature is because every so often a challenge comes along that asks us to create a new one. Without that I'd be siggie less!

You are so right Eden, the "real" scrapping is way more important than making or having a siggie ! To be honest, I don't really need one either, but on the other hand, I've seen so many cute ones in the gallery, that I wanted to make one of my own too ;-)

Archived