2 replies to this topic

#1 Deb C.

Deb C.

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

I have a picture of my grandson leaning forward in a rocking chair.  Two of his little fingers are tucked under the arm of the chair.  I would like to put him on a different background but I need to have him holding something.  I haven't used styles before but I was wondering if I could use the candy cane style http://store.scrapgi...6301-p17271.php to make the arm of the rocking chair look like a candy cane.  Is that possible?

#2 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 20,295 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

I have a picture of my grandson leaning forward in a rocking chair.  Two of his little fingers are tucked under the arm of the chair.  I would like to put him on a different background but I need to have him holding something.  I haven't used styles before but I was wondering if I could use the candy cane style http://store.scrapgi...6301-p17271.php to make the arm of the rocking chair look like a candy cane.  Is that possible?

Hi Deb, It might be possible -  I don't know what program you are using, but in PSE you would need to make a selection around the part of the arm of the rocking chair that you want, duplicate the selection (CTRL+J) so it is on it's own layer and apply the style to that layer. Then you may need to adjust the scale, by going to Layer>Layer Style>Scale Effects. Maybe someone else will come along with some different ideas for you. HTH  :)

#3 A-M

A-M

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 3,963 posts
  • Personal Statement:I don't need to understand, I just need to hold His hand.
    - Emolyn C. Lambert

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

Theresa has explained well what I thought you  would need to do,  to make the arm of the chair look like a candy cane.  If you are extracting him... would it be easier to place a candy cane embellishment in his hand. 

There is a candy cane is this collection

and this embellishment set

gallery_14380_66_7409.png

ScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF_zps0dd004c0.gi BLINKIES_aussies.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users