Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deb C.

Candy Cane Style

3 posts in this topic

I have a picture of my grandson leaning forward in a rocking chair. Two of his little fingers are tucked under the arm of the chair. I would like to put him on a different background but I need to have him holding something. I haven't used styles before but I was wondering if I could use the candy cane style http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-tools-styles-candy-cane-6301-p17271.php to make the arm of the rocking chair look like a candy cane. Is that possible?

I have a picture of my grandson leaning forward in a rocking chair. Two of his little fingers are tucked under the arm of the chair. I would like to put him on a different background but I need to have him holding something. I haven't used styles before but I was wondering if I could use the candy cane style http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-tools-styles-candy-cane-6301-p17271.php to make the arm of the rocking chair look like a candy cane. Is that possible?

Hi Deb, It might be possible - I don't know what program you are using, but in PSE you would need to make a selection around the part of the arm of the rocking chair that you want, duplicate the selection (CTRL+J) so it is on it's own layer and apply the style to that layer. Then you may need to adjust the scale, by going to Layer>Layer Style>Scale Effects. Maybe someone else will come along with some different ideas for you. HTH :)

Theresa has explained well what I thought you would need to do, to make the arm of the chair look like a candy cane. If you are extracting him... would it be easier to place a candy cane embellishment in his hand.

There is a candy cane is this collection

and this embellishment set