• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sensiwoman

Sensiwoman

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Personal Statement:Being creative is the best way for me to experience flow moments !!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hi you all,

I was hoping somebody could help me out with applying a denim text effect (built-in effect) in PSE 11

I am familiar with how it works for the gradient text effects and all of these work perfectly fine, however I can't seem to apply any of the "patterned" text effects like "leopard fur, zebra fur, denim or granite" ...

I wonder why all of these effects don't seem to work when I apply them to my text ? Has anyone experienced the same problem ?

Thanks for any suggestions on how to deal with it :D !

hugs,

Connie

#2 Florida granny

Florida granny

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,922 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hi Connie. I tried it out with my copy of PSE11 and the effects, including the denim,  worked fine on my text, so I don't know what the problem is. I was going to suggest simplifying the type layer (Layer>Simplify), but my effects worked when the text had not been simplified. Sorry.

gallery_20673_66_37871.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifLove-ATCs.gifSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,179 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

I tried it and they worked fine on my unsimplified text.  I did notice something new, though.  The effects were cumulative....if I applied one and didn't remove it before using another, they would all apply to the text.  I learn something every day around here!  Did you double click on the effect you wanted to apply?  And did you have the text layer active?  Wish I could be of more help and I hope you get it figured out.

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif<p>BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#4 Sensiwoman

Sensiwoman

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Personal Statement:Being creative is the best way for me to experience flow moments !!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

Thanks for your suggestions !! I tried everything I could and really didn't understand why nothing happened with the patterned text effects... so I did what I normally do when my software is playing tricks on me ... I uninstalled PSE 11 and reinstalled it again...and guess what ?!! It works just fine now !! It's a little drastic thing to do perhaps, but it worked out fine and I'm happy I tried it !

#5 DixieLee

DixieLee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 3,098 posts
  • Personal Statement:I love learning how to scrap and I feel rich because of this opportunity!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

hey, thanks for telling me about it because i didn't know of the feature, but i do now!

#6 Boatlady

Boatlady

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Personal Statement:A bad day on the boat is still better than a good day at work.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Wow thanks Connie for asking about the denim effect I didn't know about that. I have just started working with PSE12 so am learning things every day. The ladies of ScrapGirls know the answer to all our questions.

gallery_24445_66_52405.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users