Apply Built-In Denim Text Effect Pse 11

Sensiwoman

Hi you all,

I was hoping somebody could help me out with applying a denim text effect (built-in effect) in PSE 11

I am familiar with how it works for the gradient text effects and all of these work perfectly fine, however I can't seem to apply any of the "patterned" text effects like "leopard fur, zebra fur, denim or granite" ...

I wonder why all of these effects don't seem to work when I apply them to my text ? Has anyone experienced the same problem ?

Thanks for any suggestions on how to deal with it :D !

hugs,

Connie

I tried it and they worked fine on my unsimplified text. I did notice something new, though. The effects were cumulative....if I applied one and didn't remove it before using another, they would all apply to the text. I learn something every day around here! Did you double click on the effect you wanted to apply? And did you have the text layer active? Wish I could be of more help and I hope you get it figured out.

Thanks for your suggestions !! I tried everything I could and really didn't understand why nothing happened with the patterned text effects... so I did what I normally do when my software is playing tricks on me ... I uninstalled PSE 11 and reinstalled it again...and guess what ?!! It works just fine now !! It's a little drastic thing to do perhaps, but it worked out fine and I'm happy I tried it !

• 4 weeks later...

Wow thanks Connie for asking about the denim effect I didn't know about that. I have just started working with PSE12 so am learning things every day. The ladies of ScrapGirls know the answer to all our questions.

Archived