The New Scrap Girls

Belle

Am I losing it or is everything bigger? Or both? :wobbly-eyes: If it's not just me, I like the change! I think this is what Marilyn and Belle were saying about the front page needing bigger thumbnails? I guess I'd been missing that and didn't realize it, LOL. Nothing wrong with my eyes, but it's nice not to have to squint!

Also, thanks for the update, Debbie!

Oh that's strange, mine is still the same! :(

PS

YAY!

Well, now it has changed for me, too and both the MB AND the layout thumbnails are larger! So cool.

THANK YOU! I love the way they grab me now and are so much easier to see. I really like that they are a larger focus when I come onto the page, yet there are still a larger number to see if you scroll over........ Lovely. :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi - Just an update for you. I split your list of requests into things we can control and things the software controls. We will be working on fixing as many of them as we can in the next few weeks. However, there may be some things in the software package list that we are not going to be able to do anything about. I have submitted the list to them and will have a better idea of what IS possible when they get back to us.
Things we are working on adjusting:
1. Thumbnail images on main MB are too small - we are experimenting with different sizes to find a happy medium between larger images and seeing more of them. You likely already noticed the change but we might adjust it some more in the next few days.
2. The names in the gallery are hard to read because they are small font and grey in color - We increased the size of the gallery font yesterday and it should be easier to read now.
3. Have the names of the top posters appear on the from page of the message board - We are currently working on this one.
Questions we sent to the Software Provider:
1. Can we change the "from" line in the email from Scrap Girls Digital Forum to include which sub-Forum the message is from?
2. Can we have a notification option in the Gallery where you can have comments on your image delivered to you as a daily summary email instead of one email for every single comment?
3. Make the "home page" of a member's profile default to profile feed and not their "stats" page?
4. It’s not clear where to post images - you have to click open lots of galleries to find the right one - finding a specific gallery was easier when you could see the tree view of sub-galleries - can we get this back?

5. There used to be a list to the right of a gallery image that had favorites, EXIF, etc, now you have to click on the "Options" button for this list to show. Is there a way to bring this list forward again?

6. Is there is a way to add gallery post counts to the forum count again?

7. We really miss the gallery post count that showed the total count rather than just the last year. Can we bring this back?

8. Members don't have the ability to move their own images anymore. Can we change that?

9. In the gallery we used to be able to see who posted an image without clicking on it because it listed the members name under it. Can we get that back?

Debbie, you are amazing and the best part of all this to me is? NOwhere else have I encountered any kind of organization that listens to it's members as much as ScrapGirls does. That is SO commendable, besides being so very nice, too.

Even if certain things can't be fixed, it feels so good to be a part of a community where concerns are not only listened to, but considered.

THANKS! So very much for all of that. :)

Wow Debbie, you really have taken note of all the things we complained about. Thanks to you and your team for that. We really appreciate it. Some of the things I had not even noticed yet. I still love this purple place and will never leave.

....and while we are on the subject of change, how about a 'LIKE' button? I noticed on another scrapping site that uses the same style as SG that they have a 'LIKE' button on the comments section in the forum. :sofa: (Hiding, just in case you come hunting for me)

Wow Debbie, you really have taken note of all the things we complained about. Thanks to you and your team for that. We really appreciate it. Some of the things I had not even noticed yet. I still love this purple place and will never leave.

....and while we are on the subject of change, how about a 'LIKE' button? I noticed on another scrapping site that uses the same style as SG that they have a 'LIKE' button on the comments section in the forum. :sofa: (Hiding, just in case you come hunting for me)

LOL Belle! I have often thought "where's the like" button...so used to FB I guess!!

We now have some info back from the software provided so I just wanted to give you another update on what we think might be possible to fix:

Questions we sent to the Software Provider:
1. Can we change the "from" line in the email from Scrap Girls Digital Forum to include which sub-Forum the message is from?
After sending them this question we realized that the subject line of the emails we send out DO say which sub-Forum the message has been sent from. They said it would be really hard to fix the "from" line, so hopefully setting up your email so you can see the subject line will solve this problem, because I think that's going to be the best solution.
2. Can we have a notification option in the Gallery where you can have comments on your image delivered to you as a daily summary email instead of one email for every single comment?
Sadly they said there is no way to change the galley notifications to come as a daily summary. The best we can hope for is that this will be part of a future software update.
3. Make the "home page" of a member's profile default to profile feed and not their "stats" page?
It looks like this one is something that we would need to have custom built for us by a developer. I've got a notice out to see if we can find anyone that can do the work and how much it might cost.
4. It’s not clear where to post images - you have to click open lots of galleries to find the right one - finding a specific gallery was easier when you could see the tree view of sub-galleries - can we get this back?

They suggested testing that "Social" look of the gallery to see if helps. It seemed like generally most folks liked the "Traditional" look we have up now, but there may be some way to bring some of the things from the Social look into the Traditional look. We will investigate.

5. There used to be a list to the right of a gallery image that had favorites, EXIF, etc, now you have to click on the "Options" button for this list to show. Is there a way to bring this list forward again?
We should be able to do this - we will work on it.

6. Is there is a way to add gallery post counts to the forum count again?

This one is also a custom build, so we can guarantee we can make it happen.

7. We really miss the gallery post count that showed the total count rather than just the last year. Can we bring this back?

This one got a little lost in the translation, but what we were trying to restore is the option when creating a gallery to have a member's posts to that gallery add to their total post count. More research is required here.

8. Members don't have the ability to move their own images anymore. Can we change that?

We think we got this one fixed yesterday by changing a back end setting.

9. In the gallery we used to be able to see who posted an image without clicking on it because it listed the members name under it. Can we get that back?

We should be able to do this too.

With all of this it may take a little time to bring these features back since it's Wendee who would be figuring it all out. But we will try to keep you informed about the changes as they happen.

And yes Belle and Conda - I will go ahead and ask about a "Like" button. :)

Thank you for the extra effort you have made to consider everyone’s concerns in tweaking our latest upgrade. The enlarged thumbnails are so much easier on my eyes. There will be future upgrades as needed and I have a request far in advance. Scrap Girls has the BEST boutique on the internet. Details of our collections are so much more visible than with other sites. This is especially true when there are additional close-up pictures of parts of our collections to show even more details. Please don’t ever change how SG products are displayed. What you see is what you get! This little purple place rocks.

Debbie, you are amazing and the best part of all this to me is? NOwhere else have I encountered any kind of organization that listens to it's members as much as ScrapGirls does. That is SO commendable, besides being so very nice, too.

Even if certain things can't be fixed, it feels so good to be a part of a community where concerns are not only listened to, but considered.

THANKS! So very much for all of that. :)

I DITTO every word Marilyn said - she said it best and I, too commend Scrap Girls for not only listening without taking it as criticism but as a few frustrated suggestions - thank you, Debbie - and to our team who works so very hard on making sure we members are very happy! Change is never easy but in all my years here (and my years on my count is totally wrong - I've been here for 9 years now I think (maybe more - can't seem to figure it out since I rejoined years ago) - I have never seen staff be uncooperative in any way. Thank you so much Scrap Girls!

Thank you for the extra effort you have made to consider everyone’s concerns in tweaking our latest upgrade. The enlarged thumbnails are so much easier on my eyes. There will be future upgrades as needed and I have a request far in advance. Scrap Girls has the BEST boutique on the internet. Details of our collections are so much more visible than with other sites. This is especially true when there are additional close-up pictures of parts of our collections to show even more details. Please don’t ever change how SG products are displayed. What you see is what you get! This little purple place rocks.

Oh, gosh do I agree! I rarely visit other sites, but when I do I am amazed at how poorly the collections are displayed and I find them very unappealing and "busy" without showcasing the product well. ScrapGirls does such a wonderful job of showcasing their collections in the Boutique so that they are clear cut, easy to see and show them off to their best advantage. I like the way they are displayed and set up and also hope this does not change to look like the "others". :)

Archived