5 replies to this topic

#1 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

I am using elements 7 and windows 7. I have my photos on my page in a template.The openings are a circle.I would like to use the edit-stroke for a border,but I cannot get it to show up.I have clicked on the layer or the photo and neither shows the white border. How do I do that?

#2 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,725 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hmm, If you've clipped the photo to the layer below it, you could merge the two layers and then add the stroke.

You could also try using the Elliptical Marquee tool:  Create a new layer above the photo layer and hold the shift key down while dragging to create a perfect circle the approximate size you need; while still holding the shift key down, you can hold the spacebar down to move the circle into position.  Release the spacebar and shift key and you will see a circle of marching ants. Apply your stroke and press CTRL+D to deselect the marching ants. Now you can use the move tool to re-size/re-position the stroke layer. HTH

#3 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Teecee, thank you very much. The marquee tool worked just fine. I tried linking the photo with the template layer but still could not get the stroke outline to work. But this tool did the job.

#4 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,725 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

Teecee, thank you very much. The marquee tool worked just fine. I tried linking the photo with the template layer but still could not get the stroke outline to work. But this tool did the job.

Glad the marquee tool worked for you. :)

BTW, just for future reference, you said you tried linking the photo and template layer? You would not want to link the layers, but you would want to merge them by selecting both layers and pressing CTRL+E, or going to Layer>Merge Layers. This puts both layers together on one layer, and then you could add the stroke. ;)

#5 Boatlady

Boatlady

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Personal Statement:A bad day on the boat is still better than a good day at work.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

Theresa you are always so wonderful with the advise and I am learning so much from you. Thanks so much.

gallery_24445_66_52405.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#6 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,845 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Theresa to the rescue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users