How Do I Use Jco_Ssemb_Bepuzzled Templates

dolphin girl

Hi, I bought this set of templates, but not sure I'm using them correctly. I want to use the heart shape with one picture. There has to be an easier way to use this template other than clipping the picture to each piece, there's 19 separate layers, and then trying to get them lined up correctly. I'm using PSE 11. Help!!!

Hi there! I'm not positive about PSE, I work in PS. However, I would yes, make 19 copies of my picture. Then I would link the layers so they move around together as I resize the picture and clip it to the puzzle pieces. Hopefully, someone with PSE comes along to tell you how to link the layers. In PS, I highlight the layers I want to link by holding down ctrl while I click on each layer. Then the link button is at the bottom of the layers palette. It looks like a couple of links in a chain. HTH

Hi there! I'm not positive about PSE, I work in PS. However, I would yes, make 19 copies of my picture. Then I would link the layers so they move around together as I resize the picture and clip it to the puzzle pieces. Hopefully, someone with PSE comes along to tell you how to link the layers. In PS, I highlight the layers I want to link by holding down ctrl while I click on each layer. Then the link button is at the bottom of the layers palette. It looks like a couple of links in a chain. HTH

Works the same way in PSE to link layers.

Works the same way in PSE to link layers.

In PSE 11, the link symbol is on each layer. You would need to select the layers you want to link, and click one of the link symbols. Clicking on the symbol will link all of the layers you have selected together. To unlink the layers, select the layers you want to unlink and again, click on the symbol. HTH

Click to enlarge image

Thanks, everyone! I knew how to link the layers, but Nica's suggestion of making 19 copies did the trick! It took a little trial and error to get the placement right as I wanted to "displace" a couple of the puzzle pieces. Anyway, it's working great! Thanks again, this group of scrappers is the best and very knowledgeable!

I also would consider merging the layers of the shape together and just clip your picture to that (only if you are working with copies of the shape -- not the original). I see you figured it out, but an idea for next time! :)

I also would consider merging the layers of the shape together and just clip your picture to that (only if you are working with copies of the shape -- not the original). I see you figured it out, but an idea for next time! :)

I thought about suggesting that, too, but I wasn't sure if she would lose the lines between the pieces...

Archived