March Monthly Layout Contest-All About Me

CRS

Happy March! Thank goodness we're getting to the March Equinox and change of seasons. With the especially harsh Winter and Summer many ScrapGirls around the globe have experienced, we all need a little pampering! And, while we may not be able to visit a spa, we can focus on ourselves through our scrapping. So, the March Monthly Layout Contest is "All About ME" and we challenge you to create a page solely about yourself. As an additional twist we are encouraging you to create a page Art Journaling Style, preferably without a photo, although an altered one may be used. You can create a background and place symbols of things important or representative of you around it. Add word art, phrases and/or journaling and you have an Art Journaling layout "About ME". Try it out, we'd like to "meet" you!

Please post your layouts in the March Layout Gallery before midnight ET March 31st and you can win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique! Be sure to add your product credits to the description area or in the EXIF properties. Good Luck!

LOVE this challenge, Carla! I think I can find some time to try this one! Time is something I don't seem to have a lot of lately, but I really, really need to get back into scrapping so since this is all month, going to do it! :toot::toot::toot:

Marilyn and I wanted something different for this month and since art journaling is so popular right now, we thought it would be fun. I might give this a go, too!

I hope you do, Carla - art journaling is such fun! And you never know for sure what you're going to come up with because really there is no plan! I love it!

Does the gallery have an area for Art Journaling layouts? I haven't been around much, for a long time; I'm not too familiar with art journaling, I need some examples!

Hi Mikelle, you'll find lots of examples here: Art Journaling Chat & Challenge Gallery

Here are some posts that may also be helpful: August 1, August 8, August 15, August 22, August 29 HTH :)

When I think of "about me" I'm always reminded that I wouldn't be me if it weren't for my dh who has given me so much over 47 years, so my layout is kind of a combination of about me and about him and about us! LOL

About me

I've done a handful of introspective layouts, and feature these at the top of my gallery.

In browsing the gallery, I was really touched by how each of you has offered a very personal, intimate look into your soul. Thank you all so much for sharing. We are quite a community of remarkable women here. ;)

I've done a handful of introspective layouts, and feature these at the top of my gallery.

In browsing the gallery, I was really touched by how each of you has offered a very personal, intimate look into your soul. Thank you all so much for sharing. We are quite a community of remarkable women here. ;)

Wow... So very well said Jaymee. ScrapGirls are unique and remarkable for sure and unlike any other group I've ever been a part of. :)

I wrote in the status updates how in awe I am of the layouts that are already there and that I wasn't going to try to compete with them. Someone responded that it wasn't only a competition but a great way to share. I have never done a art journaling layout and I found it more than a little challenging. It's supposed to be a freeing experience but I had a hard time letting go of order. Anyway, here is the layout about me.

I'm so glad you tried this, KatieGrace! I absolutely love your LO!

And Sara, I'm so glad you did another page. That's a beautiful poem!

Thank you, Carla! It was actually very healing to do that page - and I'm so glad that we have such a wonderful group here with whom to share our feelings. Art Journaling brings all of those emotions out! And that's a good thing!

I wrote in the status updates how in awe I am of the layouts that are already there and that I wasn't going to try to compete with them. Someone responded that it wasn't only a competition but a great way to share. I have never done a art journaling layout and I found it more than a little challenging. It's supposed to be a freeing experience but I had a hard time letting go of order. Anyway, here is the layout about me.

Katie I saw you page and it's gorgeous and I am so happy that you created it and shared about yourself with us, thank you! :)

I'm so glad you tried this, KatieGrace! I absolutely love your LO!

And Sara, I'm so glad you did another page. That's a beautiful poem!

Katie I saw you page and it's gorgeous and I am so happy that you created it and shared about yourself with us, thank you! :)

Thanks Carla and MariJ. I was a little nervous about putting it out there but everyone's comments have been so kind.

"All About Me" is made up of so many facets of my life that there just isn't one "All about Me and so I've done this layout with Crawford in mind because he IS "All About Me"............I hope this counts?! All About Me

I have never attempted a page like this with no photos...I am not really sure if I have done it right so please tell me if I have done it correct and what I can to to make it right for next time. All about me. Thanks for making a challenge for us to try.

Archived