Monday Oddball Challenge 3/3/2014

SodScrap

Happy March!!
This month, I'm bringing back the Oddball Challenge! Each Monday in March, there will be a different Oddball Challenge.
What is an Oddball Challenge? I'm glad you asked! :) The oddball challenge is a way of getting inspiration from things we see around us often, even daily. I will give you an item (or items) and you will glean your inspiration from them. You may be inspired by the colors, textures, framing, etc. Anything goes!!
You will post in the thread what your item is and what the inspiration is that you found. You can include a picture of your item(s) in the thread if you wish. It will be different for everyone and of course, there is no right or wrong answer.
Today's challenge is to use your shampoo bottle(s) for inspiration. So...it doesn't have to be YOUR shampoo, you can use your kid's or pet's shampoo bottle if your prefer! OR, if you don't use shampoo (???) you can use my photo that is attached!
Please post your layout in the Monday Challenge Gallery and post a link back in this thread.
If you would like to include a picture of your "item" in the thread, here is a post to help: How To Post Images In The Forum

post-12013-0-39991100-1393850077_thumb.jpg

Here is my Oddball Challenge

I liked the combination of purple and green on the one shampoo bottle. I also liked the arched design above the title. I switched the colors and used green as my predominant color and purple as the accent. I used the retro text templates for my title.

O-kay! Here goes nothing. I actually have more-than-a-few shampoos in my shower and use whatever mood strikes me.
This morning (before I read the challenge.) I picked "Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie". The color is so soft and pretty and my hair always feels so soft when I use it!

This reminded me of my cousin's youngest who LOVES pink and is so soft and pretty! :)

Here's my layout and my shampoo:

Ali

post-19549-0-61443500-1393897342_thumb.jpg

When I saw the topic for the Monday challenge – find inspiration from a shampoo bottle – I drew a blank. But I examined the bottles in our shower, just in case something brilliant might pop into my mind. DH uses Head & Shoulders – nice blue & white, some curves and flowers, but no ideas. Mine is Aveda Rosemary Mint – lovely fragrance, but rather dull bottle. As I was trying to figure out how to use the fragrance as a starting point, I remembered the shampoo in the bathroom at La Selva lodge. The bottle was square and clear, the shampoo soft yellow, and rich with the aroma of lemon verbena. I brought it home, but it’s been gone for a year. If you enlarge the page, and don’t lose all resolution, you can just see the top peeking over the left sink. And immediately I was reminded of this magical place, and all the photos waiting to be scrapped from our trip in 2012. So this page really was inspired by a shampoo bottle. Imagine that!

La Selva Lodge

As soon as I saw this I knew I had to use one of my son's cars as the subject because it is the perfect color for my shampoo/conditioner. I use Garnier Fructis in a bright green bottle.

Oh ladies!!! Awesome layouts!! I love seeing the inspiration you each found with your shampoo! I was really afraid you might groan about the challenge and am glad you found it fun!

Oh did I laugh when I saw this! My hair has been white for years - in my 30s ... genetics. I'm a smoker and it turns the ends of my hair yellow(ish) which drives my poor, put-upon (?) daughter nuts and she's always buying another kind of shampoo for me to combat it. I'm going to gather them all together and work on this one and dedicate it to my Margaret ... she will shake her head.

Oh did I laugh when I saw this! My hair has been white for years - in my 30s ... genetics. I'm a smoker and it turns the ends of my hair yellow(ish) which drives my poor, put-upon (?) daughter nuts and she's always buying another kind of shampoo for me to combat it. I'm going to gather them all together and work on this one and dedicate it to my Margaret ... she will shake her head.

LOL Evelyn!

Can't wait to see what you come up with! :curlers:

Here is a photo of the shampoos that I use, along with my hand soap.

Now I'll see what kind of layout I can come up with. I'm a little late, but better late than never.

Archived