• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ande43

Ande43

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Does anyone know if you can take Negatives anywhere and get them on a CD or something??  I don't what to print them...at least not yet.... just see what is there.......

Untitled 1

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#2 Nica

Nica

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

That would be something I'm interested in...  It might be easier than scanning the photos, not to mention some of my photos have walked away over the years.

gallery_18472_304_721.gif

SGblinkie.gif

WT-Button-copy.gif SG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

#3 JenniferZ

JenniferZ

• Design Team
  • 3,958 posts
  • Personal Statement:Strong Women: May we know them. May we raise them. May we be them.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Some scanners have a negative sleeve so you can scan and examine them yourself. I am sure you could take them to a photo place (like a local mom&pop shop, not a chain store...) and have them transferred to a CD, but it might be expensive. I found an old 8MM film in a box of negatives that my dad gave me. I took it to our local shop and they transferred it to DVD for me, but it was nearly $75 and less than 10 minutes of film.(It was worth it, though -- soundless film of me with my dad and mom when we lived in Korea of me just learning to walk -- over 40 years ago...) :)

spring10siggy.png
Button_Designer.pngSGblinkie.gif

#4 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,110 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

I'll bet there is. My last printer had a negative scan feature...it would scan the negative into a print and store it. It went to printer heaven almost three years, so the technology has been around for a while

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif

#5 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Some scanners have a negative sleeve so you can scan and examine them yourself. I am sure you could take them to a photo place (like a local mom&pop shop, not a chain store...) and have them transferred to a CD, but it might be expensive. I found an old 8MM film in a box of negatives that my dad gave me. I took it to our local shop and they transferred it to DVD for me, but it was nearly $75 and less than 10 minutes of film.(It was worth it, though -- soundless film of me with my dad and mom when we lived in Korea of me just learning to walk -- over 40 years ago...) :)

What a treasure to have!!!!!!

Untitled 1

#6 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

I'll bet there is. My last printer had a negative scan feature...it would scan the negative into a print and store it. It went to printer heaven almost three years, so the technology has been around for a while

You know I have a scanner with a negative plate.....was just hoping to find a way to get out of doing it myself LOL...I think I may just have to suck it up and do it!!

Untitled 1

#7 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:20 AM

Look around, there are places that will do it for you. I don't know which ones are good since I scan my own, but I have friends who have had it done.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#8 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • 21,542 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

I've also got a small negative scanner that I've done half my photos already. Still need to finish the rest.

gallery_19386_314_49430.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#9 bitzee

bitzee

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Carol,

Our local Sam's Club scans negatives to a disk.  That might be an option if you have a Sam's nearby.

#10 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Carol,

Our local Sam's Club scans negatives to a disk.  That might be an option if you have a Sam's nearby.

Good to know! Thanks!

gallery_20128_4545_950.jpg

SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gif

#11 riandei

riandei

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

I just boxed mine up...costco running a special

#12 eeoj

eeoj

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

I recently had my negatives developed which I then scanned in. My scanner will do 35mm but not those odd shaped older negatives. It was very reasonable to develop. Mom and pop places are definitely the way to go.

#13 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

I recently had my negatives developed which I then scanned in. My scanner will do 35mm but not those odd shaped older negatives. It was very reasonable to develop. Mom and pop places are definitely the way to go.

That sounds interesting.......

Untitled 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users