Negatives?

Ande43

Does anyone know if you can take Negatives anywhere and get them on a CD or something?? I don't what to print them...at least not yet.... just see what is there.......

That would be something I'm interested in... It might be easier than scanning the photos, not to mention some of my photos have walked away over the years.

Some scanners have a negative sleeve so you can scan and examine them yourself. I am sure you could take them to a photo place (like a local mom&pop shop, not a chain store...) and have them transferred to a CD, but it might be expensive. I found an old 8MM film in a box of negatives that my dad gave me. I took it to our local shop and they transferred it to DVD for me, but it was nearly $75 and less than 10 minutes of film.(It was worth it, though -- soundless film of me with my dad and mom when we lived in Korea of me just learning to walk -- over 40 years ago...) :)

I'll bet there is. My last printer had a negative scan feature...it would scan the negative into a print and store it. It went to printer heaven almost three years, so the technology has been around for a while

Some scanners have a negative sleeve so you can scan and examine them yourself. I am sure you could take them to a photo place (like a local mom&pop shop, not a chain store...) and have them transferred to a CD, but it might be expensive. I found an old 8MM film in a box of negatives that my dad gave me. I took it to our local shop and they transferred it to DVD for me, but it was nearly $75 and less than 10 minutes of film.(It was worth it, though -- soundless film of me with my dad and mom when we lived in Korea of me just learning to walk -- over 40 years ago...) :)

What a treasure to have!!!!!!

I'll bet there is. My last printer had a negative scan feature...it would scan the negative into a print and store it. It went to printer heaven almost three years, so the technology has been around for a while

You know I have a scanner with a negative plate.....was just hoping to find a way to get out of doing it myself LOL...I think I may just have to suck it up and do it!!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had my negatives developed which I then scanned in. My scanner will do 35mm but not those odd shaped older negatives. It was very reasonable to develop. Mom and pop places are definitely the way to go.

I recently had my negatives developed which I then scanned in. My scanner will do 35mm but not those odd shaped older negatives. It was very reasonable to develop. Mom and pop places are definitely the way to go.

That sounds interesting.......

Archived