Creating Embellishments

I'm still at a loss when it comes to "CREATING EMBELLISHMENTS". Are there stencils that are used or how exactly do I begin and can I create them in Photoshop 7? (Yes, I know it's very old, but it's my favorite version and I just never deviated from it) I do have PSP 6. Thanks in advance for all comments...

Hi Angela, You might start here: Embellishment Templates They are templates that the designers have already made, you just re-color them. You can find directions on how here: 1 Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook)

P.S. I know you mentioned in another post that you wanted to make your own kits, so I gave you the link to the commercial templates. There are PU templates as well here: Embellishment Templates

One of the easiest ways to create your own embellishments is to add a style to a simple shape. For example, my ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Rosie Posie 12601. my signature below was made with embellishments and alphas that were created mostly with shapes and styles applied. Apply them to circle shapes, flower shapes and fonts to give your shape color, texture and dimension. Take a look at all the other Styles in our boutique and let your imagination run wild!

• 2 weeks later...

There are great tutorials online for creating embellishments. I agree with Elibar with applying styles to shapes to create embellishments. It depends on what you want. Have fun creating.

I also use dingbats that I have gotten from font's sites then I use a style to give them color and dimension. You can find some free dingbats at dafont.com

Happy Creating.

Archived