Question?

Well, I found this blinkie that I wanted to add to my page. It says Blessed. When I went back to grab it, I couldn't find it. If you have it on your page, would you let me know please.

I'm also looking for the tutorial on how to blend a picture into the background, I can't remember where I found that either. Thanks in advance for your assistance. It is appreciated. God Bless.

I am not sure about the blinkie, but as far as blending a photo into the BG: place your photo on top of whatever BG you want to use. Then, with the photo layer active, scroll through the Blend Modes on your layers palette. (I think you are using an older version of PS, so it should be roughly the same as my CS5.) Usually Overlay or Soft Light give good results, but you may find another that gives you the look you like. You can also play around with the opacity of your photo, in conjunction with a different blend mode.

Have fun! :)

Funny thing is there are two tutorials coming up in newsletters that cover exactly this question, keep an eye out for those also to extend your background blending skills! We can certainly give you help here but they will also be good ones to keep/follow :-)

I'm not sure about the blinkie you are looking for, but here is a link to a post which contains some links to some tutorials you may be interested in: Post #2.

For some of the newsletter ones, you'll need to scroll down the page to get to the tutorial. HTH

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I haven't been active on here for quite a while, but I really need some help. I am working on a wedding album for my brother and SIL. I created several "idea" pages to see which one they like best, before I started. I used BMU_Blue_Floral 12x12 and SSU_Paper_CocoaCouture_12x12_Paper6, and merged them somehow, but now I can't remember how I did it. Even more brilliant of me, I forgot to save the merged page before I merged it over a template page. They have selected this one as the main background page they want for their album. I have spent way too many hours trying to figure out what I did, and I can't replicate this page! Is that anyone that can help me to figure out how I did this, please? Their second anniversary is coming up, and I'd like to get it done for them.

Thanks in Advance!

JanieM

post-19406-0-84450000-1396654831_thumb.jpg

Did you possibly stack one paper on top of the other and then change your blend mode of the top paper? Maybe to OVERLAY or SOFT LIGHT?

Also, you may have adjusted the opacity, as well.

If you have Photoshop or Elements the Blend Mode is along the top of your layers palette. The opacity adjustment is there, as well.

Hi All,

I haven't been active on here for quite a while, but I really need some help. I am working on a wedding album for my brother and SIL. I created several "idea" pages to see which one they like best, before I started. I used BMU_Blue_Floral 12x12 and SSU_Paper_CocoaCouture_12x12_Paper6, and merged them somehow, but now I can't remember how I did it. Even more brilliant of me, I forgot to save the merged page before I merged it over a template page. They have selected this one as the main background page they want for their album. I have spent way too many hours trying to figure out what I did, and I can't replicate this page! Is that anyone that can help me to figure out how I did this, please? Their second anniversary is coming up, and I'd like to get it done for them.

Thanks in Advance!

JanieM

If you want to do the other layouts with the same bg and can't remember how you got it, do the following. Just start a new layout next to that one then drag the background paper over to the new layout. Voila! Both will have the same bg. Hope this helps.

Hi All,

Thanks in Advance!

JanieM

If you want to do the other layouts with the same bg and can't remember how you got it, do the following. Just start a new layout next to that one then drag the background paper over to the new layout. Voila! Both will have the same bg. Hope this helps.

That's' a great tip Belle! ;)

Hi All,

Thanks in Advance!

JanieM

Belle, you are so smart! :)

Archived