Internet Explorer Issues

Bride

This has nothing to do with the forum itself, but it is effecting how I can use the forum ... Suddenly, (as of yesterday) I am having issues posting in the forum. It allows me to post a comment however none of the options are available to me, such as Bold, inserting hyperlinks, inserting pictures, font size/color ... etc. Those buttons do appear, but they are "greyed out" so I am not allowed to even select them, I am only allowed to type in the message box and post. This made referring in the forums to the layouts I posted yesterday. I am able to use firefox and am not having any issues with using all functions for posting ... this is just happening in IE. Any computer gurus out there have a solution for me ??

Hi Lei,

Just want to let you know normally I use Firefox, but I'm replying from IE just to test it. All of the icons are there for me and I don't see anything grayed out.

You might want to try this if you can: click on the first icon on the top row and see if that does anything. HTH ;)

IE SS.jpg
Click to enlarge

:daisy::daisy::toot: We have a WINNER ! :daisy::daisy:How'd you know that Theresa? AND how come it just stopped working out of the blue yesterday? So weird! What is that button for anyway??

:daisy::daisy::toot: We have a WINNER ! :daisy::daisy:How'd you know that Theresa? AND how come it just stopped working out of the blue yesterday? So weird! What is that button for anyway??

YAY! I'm so glad it worked for you!!! :party-smiley-048:

Actually, I didn't know if it would work - I just happened to click on it while I was in IE and when I did all of the icons grayed out. So I clicked again and they all came back.

I don't know why it all of a sudden started yesterday for you, but I did notice over the past couple of days I've been getting a lot of IE automatic updates, I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. I also don't know what the icon is for. The other icons all say what they are for when you hover over them, but that one doesn't. For some reason I'm thinking it has (or had) something to do with HTML code but I'm not sure about that either.

Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable about all this tech stuff will come along with some answers... ;)

well ... if we find out fine, but if not ... at least you got me to push the right button! Thanks T, you rock as always!!

well ... if we find out fine, but if not ... at least you got me to push the right button! Thanks T, you rock as always!!

I'm just glad I was able to help! :wub:

YAY! Theresa! It looks like a "lock" so maybe it locks it, but of course who knows why?

Lei, I know that often when I copy and then paste into these message boxes the options are grayed out. But, if I "post" and then go back in to edit, the buttons are usable. Go figure. But, now I will try your smart solution, Theresa. :)

I'm just glad I was able to help! :wub:

How is it that Theresa ALWAYS knows the answer?? I was just going to say "don't use IE" :embarrassed003: ....but Theresa's answer is much better.

Another Reeves win!!!!!!!! I know I sure appreciate her.

Teecee win.......my Kindle really thinks it can just say whatever it wants to.....LOL

I've been dealing with the same issue as Bride for some time, and didn't know what was wrong. Thanks, I'll try that. Also when I was trying to load the sttachments for March madness, it drove me nuts because everytime I would be disconnected. I can use Firefox and do sometimes, but prefer to use IE. (Old habits). Thanks!

This is how it was when the new forum was set up, those of us on IE couldn't do anything the rest of you could do! Thankfully it is fixed. All I know is that at that time Tina (Westina) told us to use that option and it worked. It must have something to do with coding but I don't know what...

Perhaps you could ask her if you want to know why lol...She is really really smart! I can't believe I actually knew the answer to a question, but am happy Teecee answered you sooner than I saw it Lei!

Archived