Art Journaling Chat & Challenge 9Pm Et Monday March 17Th

MariJ

It's Time for the March edition of the Art Journaling Chat!
Are you interested in learning about digital Art Journaling or wondering what the fuss is all about? Excited about the layouts you've already created and anxious to make more? Join Marilyn (MariJ) and Jody (Jode2771) in the chat room today, Monday, March 17th at 9 pm ET for an Art Journaling Chat and Challenge.

During the chat we will discuss and review the basics of Art Journaling and provide a prompt to start your layout. We will also talk about tips for completing your page. Jode and I will post our layouts right before the chat and update this thread afterwards with the new layout prompt and any suggestions or points we discussed.
Come join the fun, talk about ideas and try an Art Journaling page! Hope to see you there! :)

PLEASE NOTE: We are conscious that ScrapGirls live in all parts of the globe, so our aim is to alternate months and times. So while this is an evening ET chat, (therefore morning for some members) next month we will schedule an early ET Chat in order to make it easier for others.

Here's Marilyn's layout - PURPLE and Jode's Layout - Gray

UPDATE

During the chat, we discussed "basics" of Art Journaling and how it is like keeping a written journal except it's made of art not words. Art Journaling pages are usually photoless and may use symbols along with words or phrases to express your thoughts. For example, you can use a cartoon little girl to represent yourself or a heart to show love or maybe even a vivid, busy background to show excitement.

Last month we focused on the journaling on your page, this month we discussed that Art Journaling pages are PERSONAL to you, so often feelings are involved. We talked about the feelings that color can bring up in you and how to scrap and write about that. You can even write a poem to illustrated your words!

This month's layout PROMPT is:

"Pretend you are a color. You can write AS that color or write IN that color! It does not have to be your favorite color, just one you'd like to explore in an Art Journaling page.

You may want to think about what that color means to you or how it makes you feel. You can also write about or share stories and/or your thoughts about the different meanings or symbolism of color you are focusing on. You might even talk about how this color has had an impact on your life, what you like most about it or even WHY you are writing about or chose it."

Journal your thoughts on the color you picked, place it on your background and add symbols and words. When you are finished, please post your layout in the

Art Journaling Chat and Challenge Gallery

for all of us to share. We can't wait to see what you create. Have fun! :)

I'd love to participate in the art journaling chat, but this is the premier of the one TV show I'm addicted to, running from 8 to 10, so I think I'll miss the conversation this time. I'll check tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Have fun!

Belle you are funny....come on you can do it. I hope to be there but hubby started back to work today so will want to chat I am sure plus got to go see my ailing father. Not enough time in the day, but I hope to show up at least for awhile. I want to learn it.

Marilyn and Jody: thanks for a super chat. I'm so glad I was able to join in. The topic sounds exciting. As soon as you mentioned color I had a flash of (intuitioin? whimsy?) where I could see a color for many of the chat participants. Here's the list. It will be funny to see how right/wrong my guesses are.

Adelle: green

Asoarty: red/white

Arizona Angel: brown

Belle: blue/purple

Butterfly kisses: yellow/tan

jenrou: green

lindarobin: white

luckyladybug: red

Smoky: purple/green

Sodscrap: yellow

ps -- I haven't peeked at the gallery yet but am going there now.Thanks again!

Of course, I missed the chat again! My poor bones were so tired last night, I was in bed while y'all were chatting! I'll catch up eventually! I know the chat must have been fun!

Couldn't make it to the chat last night. I was not feeling well.

So sorry you weren't feeling well, Carol. Jode and I were just saying we hoped you were ok. Feel better and let us know if you have any questions. Rest up. Hugs... :)

So sorry I wasn't able to get in the chat. I was really looking forward to it. I had company for dinner and was really hoping they would leave by 9 pm! (although I would never hint that!) Anyway they left right at 9 and I hurried to the computer only to be kicked out of the chat and was not able to get back in. Boo Hoo! Interesting to see the prompt. I have already done one LO this week about my favorite color, but will definitely do another color LO for this challenge.

Marilyn and Jody: thanks for a super chat. I'm so glad I was able to join in. The topic sounds exciting. As soon as you mentioned color I had a flash of (intuitioin? whimsy?) where I could see a color for many of the chat participants. Here's the list. It will be funny to see how right/wrong my guesses are.

Oh, boo! You didn't give me a color! That would be one less decision I have to make! Don't expect to see anything for a couple of days..inspiration will hit sometime.

lol...I think my teaching days are coming back to haunt me! This sounds like a writing prompt that I would give my students. They would moan and complain and I would just smile. Now it's my turn. Ugh! :embarrassed003:

I know what color I will pick, but I'm curious, Diane, what you think? ;-)

So sorry I wasn't able to get in the chat. I was really looking forward to it. I had company for dinner and was really hoping they would leave by 9 pm! (although I would never hint that!) Anyway they left right at 9 and I hurried to the computer only to be kicked out of the chat and was not able to get back in. Boo Hoo! Interesting to see the prompt. I have already done one LO this week about my favorite color, but will definitely do another color LO for this challenge.

So sorry Karen - we were disappointed too that you kept getting bounced out, most especially after your anticipation and getting the time to come!

I sent you a PM about this and I let April know about this issue.

Can't wait to see your layout! :)

Yes, Green of some shade is usually my go-to color. I seldom find a green garment I like, but I did recently buy a greyed green color for some drapes. I haven't done a AJ page yet-still thinking. :)

Couldn't make it to the chat last night. I was not feeling well.

So sorry you weren't feeling well, Carol. Jode and I were just saying we hoped you were ok. Feel better and let us know if you have any questions. Rest up. Hugs... :)

Carol I hope you are feeling better by now. We missed you. I was so sleepy last night, I hardly said anything. :)

We missed you and am sorry you couldn't get into chat. That is frustrating.

lol...I think my teaching days are coming back to haunt me! This sounds like a writing prompt that I would give my students. They would moan and complain and I would just smile. Now it's my turn. Ugh! :embarrassed003:

I know what color I will pick, but I'm curious, Diane, what you think? ;-)

LOL, Nica; I was flying home from NJ today and just saw your post. Ok, I predict golden orange for you. It's lively yet grounded and shows love of home. How far off am I, I wonder? :unsure:

Oh, boo! You didn't give me a color! That would be one less decision I have to make! Don't expect to see anything for a couple of days..inspiration will hit sometime.

Sorry about that, Ann. :D Ok.... here goes. When I think of you I think sky blue and cloud white... seemingly serene yet with great depth. Now it will be fun to see how absolutely wrong I am, LOL.

Archived