Art Journaling Chat & Challenge 9Pm Et Monday March 17Th

MariJ

Marilyn and Jody: thanks for a super chat. I'm so glad I was able to join in. The topic sounds exciting. As soon as you mentioned color I had a flash of (intuitioin? whimsy?) where I could see a color for many of the chat participants. Here's the list. It will be funny to see how right/wrong my guesses are.

Adelle: green

Asoarty: red/white

Arizona Angel: brown

Belle: blue/purple

Butterfly kisses: yellow/tan

jenrou: green

lindarobin: white

luckyladybug: red

Smoky: purple/green

Sodscrap: yellow

ps -- I haven't peeked at the gallery yet but am going there now.Thanks again!

Oh, boo! You didn't give me a color! That would be one less decision I have to make! Don't expect to see anything for a couple of days..inspiration will hit sometime.

Sorry about that, Ann. :D Ok.... here goes. When I think of you I think sky blue and cloud white... seemingly serene yet with great depth. Now it will be fun to see how absolutely wrong I am, LOL.

Well, I spent the last hour trying to put together a background using......BLUE!! don't know about your analysis, but you got the color right. Now the struggle begins, until inspiration comes along and whacks me in the head, then it will fly onto the page.

Oh, boo! You didn't give me a color! That would be one less decision I have to make! Don't expect to see anything for a couple of days..inspiration will hit sometime.

Sorry about that, Ann. :D Ok.... here goes. When I think of you I think sky blue and cloud white... seemingly serene yet with great depth. Now it will be fun to see how absolutely wrong I am, LOL.

Well, I spent the last hour trying to put together a background using......BLUE!! don't know about your analysis, but you got the color right. Now the struggle begins, until inspiration comes along and whacks me in the head, then it will fly onto the page.

..... and before you know it, you'll be wowing us, Ann!

And Diane - it looks like you've got a pretty good batting average so far. :)

Ok, it's been a long week, with far too many other things that needed my attention, however I have finally gotten this page finished. The prompt was brilliant Marilyn and I kept having different ideas as to how I could approach it, but whatever angle I thought of, it always came back to blue! I know the majority of my pages end up having blue on, and I so desperately wanted to do something different, but to AJ something that was truly meaningful to me it ended up being blue. So although the colour choice may seem a bit boring, I had a super time making the layout as I spend a couple of evenings just developing the background using lots of masks and LOTS of blending - hours of entertainment! Thanks Marilyn :)

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/149739-aj-colour-chat/

Ok, it's been a long week, with far too many other things that needed my attention, however I have finally gotten this page finished. The prompt was brilliant Marilyn and I kept having different ideas as to how I could approach it, but whatever angle I thought of, it always came back to blue! I know the majority of my pages end up having blue on, and I so desperately wanted to do something different, but to AJ something that was truly meaningful to me it ended up being blue. So although the colour choice may seem a bit boring, I had a super time making the layout as I spend a couple of evenings just developing the background using lots of masks and LOTS of blending - hours of entertainment! Thanks Marilyn :)

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/149739-aj-colour-chat/

Hi Anna, I know JUST what you mean, I had the same problem with purple! Since i always use purple I wanted to be different this time...

But, we all see how THAT turned out. :)

I liked readying your thoughts here and so glad you had a good time. And, your choice is anything but boring, it's lovely!

Thanks for your good wishes. I'm feeling better now and will get my AJ Challenge done today. The only problem is that I have two colors that I love best and they don't seem to go well with each other. So I'll have to choose one to work on or I'll have to do two pages. We'll see.

Thanks for your good wishes. I'm feeling better now and will get my AJ Challenge done today. The only problem is that I have two colors that I love best and they don't seem to go well with each other. So I'll have to choose one to work on or I'll have to do two pages. We'll see.

Glad you are feeling better, Carol and hope your migraine settles soon too. Whichever choice works best for you is good - you can combine the colors and see how that works or go with one at a time or two pages. Can't wait to see what you decide and the layout(s)! :)

Archived