Posting To The Gallery

AngelaScraps

Well, I have been trying to add some photos to the gallery, but I can't seem to get them in the correct category. My signature didn't go in the right one and so I don't know what in the world I'm doing....any help would be greatly appreciated at this point.

By the way, yes I did follow the tutorial...Not sure what part I'm doing wrong. The little thumbnail is not coming up.

Hi Angela,

Can you tell us or give an example of what you are trying to post? The Gallery is split into sub-categories. For instance if you created a Tuesday Freebie Challenge page today, you would click the "Gallery" tab at the top of this page, then scroll down to the "Challenges" category, click on that and then find the "Tuesday Freebie Challenge" Gallery and click on that.

Then you would upload your layout there. Does that make sense?

If you click on the different Gallery Categories and subcategories you can see what the different ones are.

And, if you are posting a layout for a Challenge or Chat there is usually a link to the correct Gallery in the posted thread.

Does that help? Let us know what you are trying to do or if you have any other questions.

Well, I have been trying to add some photos to the gallery, but I can't seem to get them in the correct category. My signature didn't go in the right one and so I don't know what in the world I'm doing....any help would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Hi Angela,

I just checked and your signature is in the correct category: Message Board Signatures

Marilyn has given you some good advice. Let us know if you need more help. ;)

Oh and also - once you scroll on your computer to the layout you want to post and select that one, (the "Choose File" button after clicking the "Upload" button), you must then click the PURPLE "Upload" button next to the "Choose File" one. I occasionally forget that step and if I do -- no layout! :(

After that part, click the "review and publish" button and your layout should upload. :)

You've been most helpful...let me give it another try. I'm just trying to post some of my creations and I was trying to get them in the right place. Thanks again.

In addition the information Marilyn gave you in post #3 above, you can open the Quick Navigation button located on any page just by clicking on it:

Click to enlarge images

Quick Nav 1 SS.jpg

When the Quick Navigation window opens, choose Gallery, and a list of all the galleries will come up. Just scroll down to the one you want, and click on the name. That will take you directly to that particular gallery.

HTH

Well I don't belong to any of the teams listed and I'm not posting for a challenge or anything, so am I suppose to create a new Album?

You don't need to belong to any teams to post. For instance if you layout is a heritage layout, go ahead and post it in the Heritage Family Gallery. You can find it by scrolling WAAAYY down on the Quick Navigation screen. There's all kinds of galleries at the bottom for layouts that aren't for challenges. HTH

As Monica mentioned, you can post in any gallery/category such as some of the ones shown in the Quick Navigation screen shots below. The Quick Navigation button is just to help you find the gallery you are looking for, if that helps.

Click to enlarge images:

Well I am now getting an Action failed error message. I went to the Gallery. Scrolled down to the About You category, clicked on Select Category and received the Action failed error message. I rebooted, came back and still received the message. Not sure what's going on...but thats enough for me today.

Well I am now getting an Action failed error message. I went to the Gallery. Scrolled down to the About You category, clicked on Select Category and received the Action failed error message. I rebooted, came back and still received the message. Not sure what's going on...but thats enough for me today.

Hi Angela, I'm a little confused about what you are saying - I don't understand where you are seeing "Select Category"

Once you get into the gallery where you want to post a layout, (in this case All About You):

1. You need to click on the purple Upload button on the right side of the page.

2. Then the Step 2 page opens, and you need to click the Browse... button near the bottom left of the page, and navigate to where you have the layout on your computer, select it and click Open.

3. Now you should see the name of the layout next to where it says Browse...

4. Next, click on the purple Upload button which is to the right of the thumbnail.

5. Another page opens and you'll see a small thumbnail of your image on the left side of the page and you need to click the purple Review & Publish button on the right side of the page.

6. Now complete the Title, Tags, Description and Copyright fields as desired and click the Finish & Publish button at the bottom of the page. See steps 4-7 in this tutorial.

Remember, your images must not be larger than 600 x 600 pixels at 72 dpi. HTH

Well Ms. Theresa, when I scrolled down to look for the area I wanted to post in, to the right of it, it said, Select Category. Today it isn't there. Really weird. Not sure what it was but, when I clicked on it, I received the error message. I don't use IE, I use Firefox not sure if this is an issue or not, but I was able to upload so all is well. Thanks so much...Be blessed.

Archived