Scrapbooking Question

I was just wondering but can you use adobe photoshop for scrapbooking? I've got it and I'm gonna make a digital scrapbook much easier than using all the tape glue and glitter and doing it the old fashioned way. I've got some experience in tagging if ya'll know what that is so this should be easy for me. I know how to crop and cut and paste and all that stuff and add text and transform and all that extra jazz.....Reply Back Soon TY SherBear AKA Celestial Dreamer....

First, welcome to Scrap Girls...the best place to get help with your digital scrapping questions. And, yes, you can use Photoshop for scrapping! I don't have it, I use the compacted version, Photoshop Elements, version 12. There are lots of members here who do use Photoshop, so if you have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Adobe Photoshop ( or Photoshop Elements ) is what most of the members here use.

You might like to visit this page: http://scrapgirls.com/L2/how-to-digital-scrapbooking-tutorials.php as it may help if you need any tutorials.

Welcome to ScrapGirls. I do hope you enjoy being here and never hesitate to ask any questions.

Great now is there anyway anyone can give me some clues on how to get some freebie scrapbooking kits?

I have a ton of tagging kits but not very many scrapbooking kits....Well I could probably use the tagging kits

in the scrap book stuff too but I'll have to figure out how to make it look nice with the pictures....

Anyhow--also--I'm going to start with a few pictures I've got like 53 on my hard drive

Then I'm going to see if I can put some of them on disc at wallmart through their website

or through the store--I've got some baby pictures of my kid and wedding pictures of myself

and hubby that I'd like to add. I've not got much experience in digital scrapping but I kinda

know my way around photo shop a little bit....

Great now is there anyway anyone can give me some clues on how to get some freebie scrapbooking kits?

I have a ton of tagging kits but not very many scrapbooking kits....Well I could probably use the tagging kits

in the scrap book stuff too but I'll have to figure out how to make it look nice with the pictures....

Anyhow--also--I'm going to start with a few pictures I've got like 53 on my hard drive

Then I'm going to see if I can put some of them on disc at wallmart through their website

or through the store--I've got some baby pictures of my kid and wedding pictures of myself

and hubby that I'd like to add. I've not got much experience in digital scrapping but I kinda

know my way around photo shop a little bit....

Hello and welcome to Scrap Girls! Here are some links for some free items:

Scrap Girls Exuberance Collection

Scrap Girls A Narrative Collection

15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook

Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook)

And you can find a few more freebies here: Freebies

You may also want to sign up for our newsletter which comes out Monday through Saturday and has a new freebie each day.

We'll be looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us! We were all beginners once, so we know what you're going through. Everyone here is very helpful, so don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

Welcome to Scrap Girls. WARNING Digi scrapping is addictive and so is Scrap Girls. Before you know it you will be scrapping like a pro. Photoshop is the best program to scrap with. I only have PSE 11 but would love to get PS one day. We are all looking forward to seeing your layouts.

Welcome! There's plenty in those links above to get you started. Yes, it is addictive, but such fun and a great way to preserve those memories! Dive into Photoshop and have fun!

Hi, and welcome to ScrapGirls! There may be one other source of "freebies". I use PSE, so I'm not sure if photoshop has the same feature, but PSE 10 came with a file called Content, which is full of backgrounds, frames, graphics, shapes and text. I haven't used them, but they're available under the Window tab in the toolbar. They might be useful as you start playing with pages.

Welcome! There are lots of people using photoshop here for scrapping, so you have definitely come to the right place. Don't hesitate to ask questions - people here love to help and someone will usually have the answer for you. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums and galleries. Speaking of galleries, you should take a look through the one here - you will get lots of ideas.

Welcome! You've gotten some great advice. You might also want to check out this forum:

Adobe Photoshop

It contains tons of tips and answers to questions specific to Photoshop and digital scrapbooking.

I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!

Welcome! I didn't know anything about Photoshop or Photoshop Elements when I first joined here. I had never scrapped a page digitally or in paper. Everyone walked me through so much and pointed me in the right direction here at SG. They really do answer your questions here, and pretty soon after you write it. Look through the gallery for ideas.

In the newsletter and on our Blog, there are tutorials every week on different things.

You will love it. You are ahead of most beginners to digital scrapping in that you have great software and know how to use it.

Archived