• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ande43

Ande43

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

Is anyone else getting pop-up requests on SG's??  I have been all nite...It doesn't happen anywhere else on any other site.

Untitled 1

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#2 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,143 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

Just up at the top. Annoying, especially the animated ones, but I'm told they are helping to make the site profitable.

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,335 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

No,that's not what I'm talking about.....I they are at the bottom of the page.

Untitled 1

#4 SodScrap

SodScrap

SGU Teacher's Pet

• Welcoming Committee
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

I have never had that before Carol.  hmmmmm

gallery_12013_66_17251.gif

ShredButton.pngSG_Olympian.pngButton_Welcome.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gif

#5 AggieB

AggieB

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

I downloaded adobe pdf reader last night and was getting popups, especially from amazon. I ended up restoring my computer and loosing lots of downloaded software. Very frustrating. Did you download anything recently?

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#6 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

I get an ad asking if I want to download something, when I comment in the gallery. I ran a lot of scans and I hope I've gotten rid of somthing I probably downloaded somewhere. I deleted a google seach thing, and so far haven't gotten it today. I did report it, but I think I was the only one at the time. I think it is on my pc. These programs sneak in when you download something from other places, like software.

gallery_17266_66_4077.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif   

#7 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

I downloaded adobe pdf reader last night and was getting popups, especially from amazon. I ended up restoring my computer and loosing lots of downloaded software. Very frustrating. Did you download anything recently?

I run virus scans and use CCleaner to clean out stuff. Then I go to control panel (uninstall item) and look through the list for anything that rings a bell or that I wouldn't have intentionally downloaded, then uninstall that item. It usually fixes it.

I'm still getting a up and down -out of control movement on my screen on and offline so I know there's another bit of adware on there somewhere.

#8 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

I get an ad asking if I want to download something, when I comment in the gallery. I ran a lot of scans and I hope I've gotten rid of somthing I probably downloaded somewhere. I deleted a google seach thing, and so far haven't gotten it today. I did report it, but I think I was the only one at the time. I think it is on my pc. These programs sneak in when you download something from other places, like software.

That's what it was on mine...and popped up when I opened a LO in the gallery..

Untitled 1

#9 tiza126

tiza126

SG Shopaholic

• Welcoming Committee
  • 16,713 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:43 AM

Nope I'm not getting any popups.

gallery_14425_66_70914.gif

(siggy by Conda)

Button_Welcome.png~ SGblinkie.gif~ BLINKIES_Huckleberry.gif~ BLINKIES_BoutiqueBabe.gif

#10 elibar

elibar

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it!

• Design Team
  • 12,084 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love your God. Learn His ways. Live for others.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Just up at the top. Annoying, especially the animated ones, but I'm told they are helping to make the site profitable.

Just to clarify - the ads aren't to make the forum profitable, just to help offset the cost of keeping it open and running it as a service to our customers.

gallery_11196_66_57667.png
siggie credits
Elisha Barnett
my latest products (click to view):

EBA_Collection_DaffodilDays_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_PaperMini_FreshPaint_MKTG_150.jpg  EBA_CollectionBiggie_Afresh_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_BrushSet_PapercutLadies2_MKTG_150.jp

BLINKIES_Prayer.gifDesigner-sm-1.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#11 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,143 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

Just to clarify - the ads aren't to make the forum profitable, just to help offset the cost of keeping it open and running it as a service to our customers.

Thanks, Elisha...that's what I meant, thanks for phrasing it better than I did.  And I don't get any pop ups at the bottom of the page.  Mac, maybe??

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#12 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Just got it again....it is the narrow bar across the bottom like you get to download something and this is what it says

Do you want to open or save...and gives an active link.....   I just keep clicking on Cancel

Untitled 1

#13 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Just got it again....it is the narrow bar across the bottom like you get to download something and this is what it says

Do you want to open or save...and gives an active link.....   I just keep clicking on Cancel

As I said, I just have to scan several times, and then look in your "uninstall area" of control panel. Look for something new by date and that you might have accidently downloaded. Usually it is after I've downloaded software or something from another site and it is included in the download. I know where I downloaded something with "4-something" that downloads and sets up some software. If you look at dates in your control panel it might jog your memory. That's all I know, sorry. :drive1: Good luck!

#14 jode2771

jode2771

• Creative Team
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Is there something waiting to be downloaded for real?? Once you say cancel it should normally stop... Hmmm. I recommend CCleaner too and also Malwarebytes Antimalware. I use both regularly and have never had an issue with either. Be sure to update Malwarebytes each time you use the free version to keep it up to date, I have removed some real doozies with it :-)

gallery_19304_358_14212.png
Button_Layout.pngScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF.gif?t=13524539SecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462Button_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#15 jode2771

jode2771

• Creative Team
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Oh and Carol where is the active link FOR?? That will give us more idea if it is a virus or adware etc :-) thanks!

gallery_19304_358_14212.png
Button_Layout.pngScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF.gif?t=13524539SecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462Button_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#16 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Oh and Carol where is the active link FOR?? That will give us more idea if it is a virus or adware etc :-) thanks!

haven't seen it for awhile now...says it .is from b3.Mookie1  .com   and a whole bunch of # befor the b3 url. 

I have McAfee

Untitled 1

#17 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,721 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

Is there something waiting to be downloaded for real?? Once you say cancel it should normally stop... Hmmm. I recommend CCleaner too and also Malwarebytes Antimalware. I use both regularly and have never had an issue with either. Be sure to update Malwarebytes each time you use the free version to keep it up to date, I have removed some real doozies with it :-)

I don't have CCleaner, but I agree with Jody about the Malwarebytes Antimalware. I use it too and it's great. ;)

#18 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,063 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

haven't seen it for awhile now...says it .is from b3.Mookie1  .com   and a whole bunch of # befor the b3 url. 

I have McAfee

That Mookie thing is Adware that you've unintentionally installed it on your computer.

Be sure, when you're downloading and installing updates for ANYTHING, even programs you know are fine (like java & Adobe Flash), watch for Add-on installs. They are checked to install by default and you need to uncheck the item so that it doesn't install.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#19 riandei

riandei

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

I am getting the mookie thing all day today ... I do have my antivirus running ... im going to run my adware softwear now

#20 riandei

riandei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

I am getting the mookie thing all day today ... I do have my antivirus running ... im going to run my adware softwear now

i ran malware and cccleaner and the pop up is still coming up when I use this site ... not anywhere else so something must be going on

#21 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Pop - Ups again this evening....only on SG and only when I open a LO in the gallery.....never anywhere else online....must be a SG thing???  All scans have been run and nothing here on my system.

Untitled 1

#22 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,721 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

Pop - Ups again this evening....only on SG and only when I open a LO in the gallery.....never anywhere else online....must be a SG thing???  All scans have been run and nothing here on my system.

Hmmm, sorry I don't have any good advice for you Carol.

Just throwing some ideas around here - does it still happen if you use a different browser?

#23 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Just throwing some ideas around here - does it still happen if you use a different browser?

Only have Internet Exp.  not a big problem, I just click cancel every time it dares to pop up it's head LOL....Hope no one else clicks on the save or open tho.

Untitled 1

#24 riandei

riandei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

pop ups again today ... only happens on this site ... still ...

#25 ValerieT

ValerieT

• TOU Administrator
  • 7,535 posts
  • Personal Statement:Mad as a hatter, with the patience of a saint!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

This type of pop up can not be removed by running a scan, you have to remove it manually. 

In Windows you would go to your control panel, then click add/remove programs, and then un-install it from the list.

WorldTourSiggy-1.png

BLINKIES_UK.gifButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462

#26 riandei

riandei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

This type of pop up can not be removed by running a scan, you have to remove it manually. 

In Windows you would go to your control panel, then click add/remove programs, and then un-install it from the list.

There is no program in my list named MOOKIE ... also ... I dont see any programs there that are out of place ... and this doesnt happen on any other website ... only here and only when i view the gallery

#27 ValerieT

ValerieT

• TOU Administrator
  • 7,535 posts
  • Personal Statement:Mad as a hatter, with the patience of a saint!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

The only other place I can think for you to look is the installed add-ons for your internet browser.

For example in Firefox you would click the Firefox button in the top left then click Add-ons and see what is there.  In Firefox it would most likely be listed under extensions or plugins.

WorldTourSiggy-1.png

BLINKIES_UK.gifButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462

#28 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,063 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

The only other place I can think for you to look is the installed add-ons for your internet browser.

For example in Firefox you would click the Firefox button in the top left then click Add-ons and see what is there.  In Firefox it would most likely be listed under extensions or plugins.

From what I've read, it is a tracking cookie that is an Add-on  your browser, like Valerie mentioned. If you try another browser, you'll probably find it isn't there.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#29 Wendee-CreativeSparkle

Wendee-CreativeSparkle

• Admin
  • 2,083 posts
  • Personal Statement:What you think about you bring about.

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

I've pm'd those who mentioned seeing the pop-ups and two of the three said they've stopped, but I'm just wanting to make sure there aren't any residual issues with anyone. Also do you happen to remember what gallery page you were on when you were seeing them?

Wendee-Daffodil-Sig-New-225.jpg

Wife to my sweetheart for 14 wonderful years. Mother to three darling children, two girls and a boy.

Button_WebMaster.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users