Popups

Ande43

Is anyone else getting pop-up requests on SG's?? I have been all nite...It doesn't happen anywhere else on any other site.

I downloaded adobe pdf reader last night and was getting popups, especially from amazon. I ended up restoring my computer and loosing lots of downloaded software. Very frustrating. Did you download anything recently?

I get an ad asking if I want to download something, when I comment in the gallery. I ran a lot of scans and I hope I've gotten rid of somthing I probably downloaded somewhere. I deleted a google seach thing, and so far haven't gotten it today. I did report it, but I think I was the only one at the time. I think it is on my pc. These programs sneak in when you download something from other places, like software.

I downloaded adobe pdf reader last night and was getting popups, especially from amazon. I ended up restoring my computer and loosing lots of downloaded software. Very frustrating. Did you download anything recently?

I run virus scans and use CCleaner to clean out stuff. Then I go to control panel (uninstall item) and look through the list for anything that rings a bell or that I wouldn't have intentionally downloaded, then uninstall that item. It usually fixes it.

I'm still getting a up and down -out of control movement on my screen on and offline so I know there's another bit of adware on there somewhere.

I get an ad asking if I want to download something, when I comment in the gallery. I ran a lot of scans and I hope I've gotten rid of somthing I probably downloaded somewhere. I deleted a google seach thing, and so far haven't gotten it today. I did report it, but I think I was the only one at the time. I think it is on my pc. These programs sneak in when you download something from other places, like software.

That's what it was on mine...and popped up when I opened a LO in the gallery..

Just up at the top. Annoying, especially the animated ones, but I'm told they are helping to make the site profitable.

Just to clarify - the ads aren't to make the forum profitable, just to help offset the cost of keeping it open and running it as a service to our customers.

Just up at the top. Annoying, especially the animated ones, but I'm told they are helping to make the site profitable.

Just to clarify - the ads aren't to make the forum profitable, just to help offset the cost of keeping it open and running it as a service to our customers.

Thanks, Elisha...that's what I meant, thanks for phrasing it better than I did. And I don't get any pop ups at the bottom of the page. Mac, maybe??

Just got it again....it is the narrow bar across the bottom like you get to download something and this is what it says

Do you want to open or save...and gives an active link..... I just keep clicking on Cancel

Just got it again....it is the narrow bar across the bottom like you get to download something and this is what it says

Do you want to open or save...and gives an active link..... I just keep clicking on Cancel

As I said, I just have to scan several times, and then look in your "uninstall area" of control panel. Look for something new by date and that you might have accidently downloaded. Usually it is after I've downloaded software or something from another site and it is included in the download. I know where I downloaded something with "4-something" that downloads and sets up some software. If you look at dates in your control panel it might jog your memory. That's all I know, sorry. :drive1: Good luck!

Is there something waiting to be downloaded for real?? Once you say cancel it should normally stop... Hmmm. I recommend CCleaner too and also Malwarebytes Antimalware. I use both regularly and have never had an issue with either. Be sure to update Malwarebytes each time you use the free version to keep it up to date, I have removed some real doozies with it :-)

Oh and Carol where is the active link FOR?? That will give us more idea if it is a virus or adware etc :-) thanks!

haven't seen it for awhile now...says it .is from b3.Mookie1 .com and a whole bunch of # befor the b3 url.

I have McAfee

Is there something waiting to be downloaded for real?? Once you say cancel it should normally stop... Hmmm. I recommend CCleaner too and also Malwarebytes Antimalware. I use both regularly and have never had an issue with either. Be sure to update Malwarebytes each time you use the free version to keep it up to date, I have removed some real doozies with it :-)

I don't have CCleaner, but I agree with Jody about the Malwarebytes Antimalware. I use it too and it's great. ;)

Oh and Carol where is the active link FOR?? That will give us more idea if it is a virus or adware etc :-) thanks!

haven't seen it for awhile now...says it .is from b3.Mookie1 .com and a whole bunch of # befor the b3 url.

I have McAfee

That Mookie thing is Adware that you've unintentionally installed it on your computer.

Be sure, when you're downloading and installing updates for ANYTHING, even programs you know are fine (like java & Adobe Flash), watch for Add-on installs. They are checked to install by default and you need to uncheck the item so that it doesn't install.

I am getting the mookie thing all day today ... I do have my antivirus running ... im going to run my adware softwear now

i ran malware and cccleaner and the pop up is still coming up when I use this site ... not anywhere else so something must be going on

Pop - Ups again this evening....only on SG and only when I open a LO in the gallery.....never anywhere else online....must be a SG thing??? All scans have been run and nothing here on my system.

Pop - Ups again this evening....only on SG and only when I open a LO in the gallery.....never anywhere else online....must be a SG thing??? All scans have been run and nothing here on my system.

Hmmm, sorry I don't have any good advice for you Carol.

Just throwing some ideas around here - does it still happen if you use a different browser?

Just throwing some ideas around here - does it still happen if you use a different browser?

Only have Internet Exp. not a big problem, I just click cancel every time it dares to pop up it's head LOL....Hope no one else clicks on the save or open tho.

pop ups again today ... only happens on this site ... still ...

This type of pop up can not be removed by running a scan, you have to remove it manually.

In Windows you would go to your control panel, then click add/remove programs, and then un-install it from the list.

This type of pop up can not be removed by running a scan, you have to remove it manually.

In Windows you would go to your control panel, then click add/remove programs, and then un-install it from the list.

There is no program in my list named MOOKIE ... also ... I dont see any programs there that are out of place ... and this doesnt happen on any other website ... only here and only when i view the gallery

The only other place I can think for you to look is the installed add-ons for your internet browser.

For example in Firefox you would click the Firefox button in the top left then click Add-ons and see what is there. In Firefox it would most likely be listed under extensions or plugins.

The only other place I can think for you to look is the installed add-ons for your internet browser.

For example in Firefox you would click the Firefox button in the top left then click Add-ons and see what is there. In Firefox it would most likely be listed under extensions or plugins.

From what I've read, it is a tracking cookie that is an Add-on your browser, like Valerie mentioned. If you try another browser, you'll probably find it isn't there.

Archived