• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ande43

Ande43

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

I have a LO which is a Jiffy LO, don't know if that has anything to do with this or not, but when I go to save for the web...I change to Jpeg, then size to 500....Then Apply.....the curser goes to in front of the 500 and when I click on the Quality setting nothing happens....can not change the Quality #.  This has never happened befor.....any ideas?????  the quality is set on 60

Untitled 1

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#2 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Remember the little things for one day you will look back, and realize they were the BIG things

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

I have a LO which is a Jiffy LO, don't know if that has anything to do with this or not, but when I go to save for the web...I change to Jpeg, then size to 500....Then Apply.....the curser goes to in front of the 500 and when I click on the Quality setting nothing happens....can not change the Quality #.  This has never happened befor.....any ideas?????  the quality is set on 60

Well that was really weird...I finally just went with what was there....the # below the photos was 227.1K but it uploaded ok....Was this just the Jiffy page????

Untitled 1

#3 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

Well that was really weird...I finally just went with what was there....the # below the photos was 227.1K but it uploaded ok....Was this just the Jiffy page????

I don't know Carol, but I do know that I never ever resize recipe cards or ATC's -- or even my Project 52 layouts which were in 5x7 size.   They always uploaded ok in the original jpeg size, maybe because the file size is smaller?   

gallery_19549_358_19841.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png     WT-Button-copy.gif

#4 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,163 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

I use PSE12 and this is how I save for the Web:   With the PSD File saved I then go to 'Flatten Layer', then 'Image, Resize, Image Size and change the resolution to 72dpi.  The pixel width and height will change automatically.  Click on OK.  The image will appear smaller than your 12x12.  Then I 'save for web' a page will pop up with two images of the layout.  Click on 'Save' and another page will pop up where you can name your layout to save.  That's it.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_membmonth.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for July 2014, 7133 -- 7119 (1231) as of 7-22-14

#5 Ande43

Ande43

• Members
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

I use PSE12 and this is how I save for the Web:   With the PSD File saved I then go to 'Flatten Layer', then 'Image, Resize, Image Size and change the resolution to 72dpi.  The pixel width and height will change automatically.  Click on OK.  The image will appear smaller than your 12x12.  Then I 'save for web' a page will pop up with two images of the layout.  Click on 'Save' and another page will pop up where you can name your layout to save.  That's

Digi is so funny...so many roads to the same destination LOL

Untitled 1

#6 Becster

Becster

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

I use PSE12 and this is how I save for the Web:   With the PSD File saved I then go to 'Flatten Layer', then 'Image, Resize, Image Size and change the resolution to 72dpi.  The pixel width and height will change automatically.  Click on OK.  The image will appear smaller than your 12x12.  Then I 'save for web' a page will pop up with two images of the layout.  Click on 'Save' and another page will pop up where you can name your layout to save.  That's it.

I use PSE 9 And I do almost the same:

1. save the psd as a jpg

2. Open the jpg file, then click 'resize'

3. When the dialog pops up I first change the resolution to 72ppi, then change the size to 600 x 600

4. save-as, and add "web" to the name ("layout-web.jpg")

gallery_20128_4545_950.jpg

SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gif

#7 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,874 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:18 AM

I do exactly what Becky does. Saving as a jpeg gives you a flattened image, so you really don't need to flatten first.

Just so you know, if you add the EXIF data to your images using "File Info" in your program, using the "Save for Web" option will take the info out so we can't access it from the gallery.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users