2 replies to this topic

#1 (lynn)

(lynn)

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

Need help please.  I haven't done a LO in a long time, but have many ScrapGirls things downloaded ON MY IMAC. I'm trying to get an embellishment onto a letter I'm writing and also onto a LO. How do I get the embell OFF  the checkered background?   I took so many SG classes and can't believe I forgot how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Lynn

#2 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,874 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hi Lynn!

There are several ways to do both these things. Maybe that is why it is harder to remember sometimes.

I use a windows machine, so how I get things into documents may be different. I either copy and paste or click and drag from Windows explorer into my open Word document.

For a layout, with both your embellishment and your layout open in PSE or PS, you can click on the image and drag it to your layout. I usually click and drag  embellishments from Windows Explorer into my layout.

Another way to get them there- with your layout open, use File>Place and then navigate to your embellishment and it will open in your layout.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#3 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,744 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

I use a Mac and I basically do the same thing April does using her PC - my most used method and favorite one is the click and drag option which I do all the time - occasionally I will copy and paste if I'm doing something in word, but I'm a huge fan of INDESIGN and so it's a rare day that I even use Word when scrapping - I do my letterheads and basic things in INDESIGN and it's the simplest thing ever to click and drag embellies into my document (or scrapping page too!)  I use Photoshop differently than most of the members here I think - I do most of the changes to things I want to use on my page in Photoshop and then take THEM to my page on which I'm working in INDESIGN and it's there that I finish my scrapping page.  Odd way, I know, but it's the way I learned many years ago when Pagemaker was THE program of all programs and I was working as graphic designer for Shaw AFB and then they dropped Pagemaker and went to INDESIGN and I just kept doing my pages that way.  I like doing it that way, but some might think it's taking extra unnecessary steps - just my thoughts!  Good luck and can't wait to see your pages!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users