Opening Multiple Items Into Editor

riandei

Is there a way to open multiple items into the editor so that they are all in the same document.

Ive purchased something that has multiple layers and they are loading separately and then i have to combine manually

Hope ive explained clearly

I'm not totally sure because I don't use editor, but if you mean for instance the background blender templates, be sure that you are putting the PSD file into photoshop.

If you put the individual pngs in you will have to put them together yourself.

If you put the PSD document into PSE, it is already a layered document all ready for you to use!

Once you put it into your program, all the layers will show up together. :)

Let me know if that's not what you were asking.

Hi Eileen, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if you are using the Editor in PSE in Expert mode (or Edit mode in older versions) and you have multiple layers that you want to move into your document all together, just select each layer by holding the Ctrl key down and clicking on the each layer so the ones you want to move together are highlighted. Then link those layers together by clicking on the little icon that looks like a small chain link. (Depending on which version of PSE you are using, the icon may be located at the bottom of the layers palette or on each individual layer) Once they are all linked together, you can just drag them all at once onto your document.

Let us know if you need more help, or if you need some screen shots. HTH :)

I know in Photoshop I can go to File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack. That will allow me to open several PNG files into a new PSD file. I don't know if PSE has that option though. If it does, you may find that the files load backwards (in reverse order). To fix that, highlight all of the layers in the layers palette (click on the first one, scroll down, hold shift and click on the last one), then go to Layers > Arrange > Reverse. HTH Keep asking questions if you need to.

thanks so much ladies ... everyone here so helpfull

i was opening the PNGs individually .... not the PSD

much easier to open the PSD .... :daisy::daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

So happy to hear it's easier for you now! :)

thanks so much ladies ... everyone here so helpfull

i was opening the PNGs individually .... not the PSD

much easier to open the PSD .... :daisy::daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

Heehee, I made that mistake in my beginnings, which is why I thought of it!

SOOoooo much easier to have the PSD! :)

Archived